• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Group A Front Bushes

driversdomainuk

Hi All

I am currently getting Group A rear bushes from Stew205. I am also shorty getting fatter torsion bars (not sure where yet - any ideas...?) and coil overs spax kit.

I also want sone poly bushes for the front, I have seen DT sell Poly Group N bushes for wishbone/anti roll bar. However, where would I get my hands on (if poss) a set of Group A front bushes...??

I am also getting Group A engine mounts, so the car will make for a nice soft ride NOT.... :)

pacey205

AB Motosport supply uprated torsion bars and I think SBC still do them as well.

Michael

SimonJ

Shenpar also advertise torsion bars.

Even going back as 1995, the PTS Catalogue does not list Gp. A wishbone bushes, though experience with them would indicate that they were probably available if you asked. No chance now though. The DT ones might even be better as technology has moved on since the 205 factory days.

C_W

They are polyeurethane on the front anti-roll bar anyway and tend to be ok.

Does anyone know the link to that website selling the Pegueot Sport parts or did that all disappear too?

nick-rallye

i got my rock hard poly bushes from rally deisng for front wishbones and ARB

SPGTi
They are polyeurethane on the front anti-roll bar anyway and tend to be ok.

Does anyone know the link to that website selling the Pegueot Sport parts or did that all disappear too?

Special tuning

Steve

mikeyd

think you will find group a cars were rosejointed at the front

SimonJ

Only at the hub.

Kev-G
Special tuning

Steve

Just me or is that NOT Special Tuning for Peugeots?

Re: Bushes; Rally Design do 2 specs. PolySport + PolyRace - Race versions are certainly far firmer than Powerflex. Bit of a struggle to fit though.

Watch out if getting front ARB bushes - Rally Design quote for a 205/309, but they don't fit any 309 ARB I've ever seen. Powerflex do the 2 diff. sizes, although I'd have to say that I think they are slightly SOFTER than the std. items - This may just be age with the std. ones.

Edited by Kev-G

nick-rallye

i got the polyrace bushes from rally design and i fitted them into my brand new wishbones with out swearing once they were a breeze to fit :)

SPGTi
Just me or is that NOT Special Tuning for Peugeots?

Re: Bushes; Rally Design do 2 specs. PolySport + PolyRace - Race versions are certainly far firmer than Powerflex. Bit of a struggle to fit though.

Watch out if getting front ARB bushes - Rally Design quote for a 205/309, but they don't fit any 309 ARB I've ever seen. Powerflex do the 2 diff. sizes, although I'd have to say that I think they are slightly SOFTER than the std. items - This may just be age with the std. ones.

Sorry missed the UK out

THE PROPER LINK

steve

Kev-G
i got the polyrace bushes from rally design and i fitted them into my brand new wishbones with out swearing once they were a breeze to fit :)

And the wishbones into the sub-frame??

I bet that had you sweating....

C_W

Yea for some reason they seem about 5mm too wide!!!

cybernck

what do you do in that case, just trim them a bit?

mi16nut

No; large hammer, crow-bar & lots of ignorance!

Mark.

Kev-G
No; large hammer, crow-bar & lots of ignorance!

Mark.

:wacko:

base-1
think you will find group a cars were rosejointed at the front

As Simon said, the only RJ was in place of the balljoint.

Where they attach to the subframe, metal/very hard rubber bushes are used. You cannot buy these seperately from what I know, however they last a lifetime and then some, I did ask when I got my group A arms (still unfitted yet, lazy ****) if it might be worth replacing with poly jobs and was told not to waste my money, the group A bushes after 20 years would probably still be more solid than new poly things!

Pierre_b

Hello,

I had the exact same problem with my polysport (the yellow ones). Too wide, the wishbone does not fit in the subframe. I had to grind them. I think polysport = s*it.

I don't know what to buy now...

Pierre

tagy

had the same problem with polyrace ones, had to trim a bit off to get them in.

felix2566

i replaced my wish bones last weekend, the way that i found worked was to get one side in and then using a big screwdriver to lever the other side in!

Pierre_b
had the same problem with polyrace ones, had to trim a bit off to get them in.

Ok, but now, the car goes rigth on heavy breaking above 100 km/h. I want to try polyflex, but I am going to look for feedback before :) ...

Pierre

jonah

Try Superflex if you want good poly bushes, I've had a set for about 4 years now and they've survived an absolute hammering, including a big crash that broke most of the front suspension. They're now in their 3rd pair of wishbones and still going strong!! No problems fitting them either.

Sign in to follow this