• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boeseturbo

New Turbo Inlet Manifold For 2l Turboengine

boeseturbo

Hi friends,

I thinking about new inletmanifold for my turbo-engine. I want to reach max. 300 hp and I think the

throttlebody is to small for this.

I tested the 2L 121 hp manifold, but it doesn´t fit under the bonnet.

I know that the throttlebody-size of T16 engine is the same (I know magic´s T16 has got about 380 hp)...

Is the throtte to small?... If yes, I thinking about building the inletmanifold myself...

Or is there a ready solution from Peugeot or Citroen, which fits good?

Regards

Jan

Edited by boeseturbo

Hilgie

Just visit the local scrappy and check for some TBs

I know the V6s TBs are fine (some from Opel and Alfa Romeo can be used).

boeseturbo
Just visit the local scrappy and check for some TBs

I know the V6s TBs are fine (some from Opel and Alfa Romeo can be used).

Hi mate

To get a throttle body, that´s not the problem. I have to make an inlet-manifold... Or is the original-manifold

good enaugh to flow about 300 hp? I don´t think so...

Jan

Guest andy309goodwood

im planning to run the 1.9 gti manifold thro the std gti TB afak this should work well ie not heard any arguments against

boeseturbo
im planning to run the 1.9 gti manifold thro the std gti TB afak this should work well ie not heard any arguments against

ok:

1x 49mm 1809mm² -> Turbo

1x 52mm 2123mm² -> GTi

the throttle has got 17% more airflow than this one from turbo... Don´t know how big the pipes from gti are.

You also have to make the GTI-Manifold-pipes round, because the inlet of cylinderhead is also round.

GTI-inlet is quare.

Regards

Jan

Rob Turbo

What about mi16 inlet manifold?

I am converting to a 16v head on my 2.0 turbo and was planning on using an mi16 inlet manifold, maybe shorten it to fit the intercooler properly

Not sure if it will be suitable?

Rob

Hilgie

Jan, have you ever seen the T16 inletmanifold? It's about the same as the 2.0T manifold. It's quite small, but 450bhp is very reasonable.

boeseturbo
Jan, have you ever seen the T16 inletmanifold? It's about the same as the 2.0T manifold. It's quite small, but 450bhp is very reasonable.

Hi Hilgie

Yes I´ve seen it on pictures, but the pipes are quiet bigger than the T8 ones... But the throttle-body is the same in T8 and T16 modells... do you think the very small TB and the manifold is good for 300 bhp?

Greetz

Jan

Guest andy309goodwood

forgive my ignorance but does that mean that the gti inlet manifold and T/B are larger does this mean that it will be cabable of flowing more

as for the port shapes im planning on running a modified xu9 head rather than the xu10

cybernck

boese> i checked the CD's the last time you enquired about this.

the throttlebodies have different part numbers and appear to be a bit different.

i can send you a picture of a T16 throttle body so you could compare it to yours.

T8 inlet manifold does look really crimpled in comparison to the T16 one though.

boeseturbo
boese> i checked the CD's the last time you enquired about this.

the throttlebodies have different part numbers and appear to be a bit different.

i can send you a picture of a T16 throttle body so you could compare it to yours.

T8 inlet manifold does look really crimpled in comparison to the T16 one though.

Hi cyberneck,

would be fine if you can post the image(s) of T16 TB... Can you me measure the diameter of TB?

Regards

Jan

forgive my ignorance but does that mean that the gti inlet manifold and T/B are larger does this mean that it will be cabable of flowing more

as for the port shapes im planning on running a modified xu9 head rather than the xu10

yes I think it will flow more. But you have to use XU9-head or drill the manifold out (make it round, because inlet of XU10 head is round)... I think the XU9 manifodl will flow bit better...

Regards

Jan

Rob Turbo

So would it be pointless fitting an mi16 inlet manifold on my 2.0 turbo engine when i fit the 16v head?

Cheers

Rob

jochem
So would it be pointless fitting an mi16 inlet manifold on my 2.0 turbo engine when i fit the 16v head?

I think you would be better off using a gti6 inlet mannifold, since it has a round tb in stead of the mi16 oval.

boeseturbo

I will go now the cumstom-inlet-manifold-way...

Rob Turbo
I think you would be better off using a gti6 inlet mannifold, since it has a round tb in stead of the mi16 oval.

Will the 2.0 turbo tb not fit the mi16 inlet?

Edit: sorry, just had a look at one and it wont!

Does anyone have any photos of a gti6 manifold?

Edited by H479GTI

cybernck

there are some gti6 manifold pics in the thread about gti16 manifold :D.

jochem

I think they are looking for inlet manni pictures :D

Here is my gti6 inlet:

109-0902_IMG.JPG

109-0905_IMG.JPG

madaxgt

Id use the mi 16 manifold and cut the pipes a significant amount as tuning length is not necessary due to it being a turbo as a cheap option and possibly reduce size of the plenum if you can it will improve response. As for larger throttle a mustang cobra one will fit as it has the same bolt pattern.

For example if you look at the sierra rs500 inlet manifold it is very small with short pipes as per t16 etc. The current systems on v.high power in line cylinder applications is to have a tapered plenum to give equal pressure filling of the pipes into the head for each cylinder. Look at pics of highly tuned skylines/supras/200sx's etc to see what i mean

Rob Turbo

If I can make the 2.0 8v turbo TB fit the mi16 manifold will that work well or should i go for something else?

Cheers

Rob

jacobs53

the same rules apply to NA or turbo manifold design.

Basically you need to custom make a manifold depending on what charactistics you want your engine to have. need to decide on two things

1) runner size (length)

2) runner diameter

the plenum chamber is there for a reason, it equalises the pulses caused by the opening and closing of valves. There alot of very good books out there with this type of information in.

cheers lee

boeseturbo

Here my new inlet manifold for my 2L turboengine.

d14.jpg

regards

Jan

Edited by boeseturbo

maxi

Anyone got a picture of a 2.08v turbo inlet manifold and a T16 one so we can compare?? I have noticed in the past they were very similar....

Maxi

boeseturbo
Anyone got a picture of a 2.08v turbo inlet manifold and a T16 one so we can compare?? I have noticed in the past they were very similar....

Maxi

the runners of T8 are very small similar to the T16 one... Not very good designed inlet.

Sign in to follow this