• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M3Evo

[engine_work] Mi16 Direct To Head Throttle Bodies!

DJ_ManuR6

Hi mate!! Any news of this stuff??

Cheers

M3Evo

Only that they're on Stu's car and are running quite nicely.

No power figures as yet as it's got a bit of an oil leak :(

Anyway, it's only mapped up to about 5000rpm but still pulls quite nicely though that's probably more attributable to the engine than the throttles!

DJ_ManuR6

And when its going to be able on sale for the people?? :)

Cheers

M3Evo

I have absolutely no idea I'm afraid, they proved to be extremely complex to make in the end and unless the money was right, I'd probably not be tempted to bother making another set :wub:

We'll get some power figures at some point which may rustle up some more interest but the numbers of people would need to be there to make it a worth while group buy.

sailtek22

ok i know this is an old old old topic and from what i can gather every one gets a bit funny about old topics so im sorry in advace :( .......

BUT! im now the new owner of this car and thought i would post some power figs up for these throttle bodies and engine as i had it tuned and rolling roaded just two (or my be three) weeks ago.

it was done at aldon automotive (west mids)

175bhp @ 6503rpm

143 @ the wheels

it does have 4-2-1 down pipe to standard mid pipe.

i do have a question that the fourm search wont let me view and that is.....

i seem to suffer from power loss round long sweeping corners? does any one know what could stop this from happening? i would be happy to go into detail if there is help out there :lol: thank you

welshpug

put more fuel in the tank :)

jackherer

We don't mind bumping old topics if you make it clear its an old topic, its bad when people bump a thread from years ago and carry the conversation on as if no time has passed.

We also don't like threads with no closure so posting the figures that have been promised for years is definitely going to win you friends here :)

The power loss is almost certainly fuel surge.

sailtek22

put more fuel in the tank :)

tried that does it at half a tank to, so not much help and theres a big diff in how the car corners with a full tank to a half tank lol

sailtek22

We don't mind bumping old topics if you make it clear its an old topic, its bad when people bump a thread from years ago and carry the conversation on as if no time has passed.

We also don't like threads with no closure so posting the figures that have been promised for years is definitely going to win you friends here :)

The power loss is almost certainly fuel surge.

thank you for this :rolleyes:

is there a fix for fuel surge? if its on this fourm would you mind giving me a link if not could you put me on the right path as im not 100% on were to start.

i was going to change the feul pump for a walbro race one but iv been told by a friend that wont sort it

welshpug

indeed your friend is correct, sucking harder at non existent fuel will not do much :lol:

there is two ways around the issue, one is to fit what's called a swirl pot and a secondary fuel pump, and the other is to have an alloy baffled fuel tank fabricated.

Anthony

Or the (possible) 3rd way - fit a pump and tank combo from a 205 that doesn't suffer (as badly) from surge which will likely fix it.

There is a MASSIVE variation between different 205's as to how badly they suffer, although I don't know exactly what the specific underlying cause is.

As an example I've personally experienced - two cars basically the same age (few months between them, both '89 models) one of which could lap with the fuel light on with no fuel starvation, and the other that was dreadful with 7/8th of a tank - same track, same day, same driver (me). There's clearly something more deeply underlying, be it something relating to the pump/housing or something that happens internally to the tank that makes the issue much, much worse, but having never owned a 205 that suffers (other than my old STDT) I've never really looked into it.

sailtek22

well now i know what it may be im thinking a swirl pot would be the answer would need to find a place for it as there is not much room in the engine bay. might move the battery to the boot and put the oil catch in its place that would give me room to put the swirl pot in.

thanks for replys i will need to look in to it more but feel like im on the right track.

welshpug

I would put it under the boot floor personally.

sailtek22

I would put it under the boot floor personally.

were the spair wheel goes?

do you know if they are hard to fit?