• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Central Locking Not Working ?

smckeown

Gav's miami shed didnt have working central locking so i took a good look the other day. After swapping over a few bits we worked out it was the central locking relay box

cl3.jpg

So being the destrictive type i opened up the box to find one of the elements needed soldering

cl1.jpg

After soldering it worked a treat :)

cl2.jpg

S33GAV

Refer to it as "Mint Miami" from now on please

Guest AlasdairCM

Where do you find the central locking relay box?

Ad

S33GAV
Where do you find the central locking relay box?

Ad

Under the steering column - need to take the plastic cover from under the sterring wheel off (think there's two plastic covers to remove), then there's a black plastic box thing (see pic above) to the left of the steering wheel, held up sideways by 2 nuts.

You need to remove the 2 nuts and the plastic connection, and there you have it.

Edited by S33GAV

Guest AlasdairCM

Cheers, have a look at that tomorrow.

Ad

Rob_the_Sparky

I've had a good look for this both in the steering column and above the pedals but for the life of me I can't find it (and it doesn't appear in Haynes).

Can anyone confirm that these exist on a Phase 1.5 and if so where.

Thanks

Rob

Anthony

I don't think it's there on a Phase 1.5 Rob - I *think* it's only there on models with remote central locking fitted (ie Phase 2 models). If it is there, then it will be to the left of the steering column and mounted on it's side (or atleast there's where mine is)

Generally if the locking doesn't work on a P1.5, I've usually found it to be dodgy wiring or a knackered master solenoid (the drivers door one)

M@tt

my 1.5 didn't have this box either (E reg) so i believe anthony is correct. it seems to be controllerd by the drivers mechanism.

if its dodgy bin it and for £22 from maplin you can get a brnad new 4 door setup which allows all locks open action fromt eh passenger side as well

Rob_the_Sparky

OK, thought I was going mad! Probably just the driver's door swith is dead then. Not sure I can be arsed in that case, it is only on the commuter and it works sometimes.

BuD

I had central locking on my g plate 1.9 phase 1.5, it was a se tho.

jshep205gti

Woah woah... non-topic related, but what the hell is a Phase 1.5 ????????

How is it not a P1 or P2?

Shep

Anthony
Woah woah... non-topic related, but what the hell is a Phase 1.5 ????????

How is it not a P1 or P2?

Phase 1 is 1984-1987 models with the earlier style dash (sliding heater controls), early lights and grey trim/interior

Phase 1.5 is 1987-1990 models with the later style dash (rotary heater controls), early lights and grey trim/interior

Phase 2 is 1991-on models with the later style dash (rotary heater controls), later lights and black trim/interior

Ghostcav

And phase 1's are best :angry:

Was gonna post a similar problem with my ph 1.5's C/L but I guess the answers already been given.Will check the driverside door solenoid.

daza

Can you please show me where the central locking relay is please the only thing that makes a noise is the white and blue thing? :D

photo00129lj.th.jpg

Edited by daza

Guest Tidybri

Bit off topic also but if i have an 87 D is this phase1 or phase 1.5?? it has phase 1 dash i think with sliding heater switches.

daza

Phase 1 m8.

Guest Tidybri

Cheers Daza now i need 2 find dashboard parts wot a mission!!! :D

daza

It's ok found the relay, now where would be the best place to get one from or are they quite cheap,but knowing peugeot probably not.

Edited by daza

daza

Just rung peogeot £55 :) i don't think so,took it apart and all looks good so i don't know what to do now,i've changed the actuators in the doors and the car will unlock all the doors with the key but won't lock them :D any ideas please help?

daza

What does that white/blue box do? it's connected to the central locking unit is that a relay?

Ren

The white and blue box is the buzzer to tell you your headlights are on when you switch your engine off.

daza

ok thanks m8! it must be a dodgy connection or earth then?

Edited by daza

steve@cornwall
ok thanks m8! any ideas what i can try now?

I think you can adjust the height of the actuator in the door? try moving it up and down. Check rods aren't bent restricting travel and strangely enough, that your door handles are not beginning to corrode, as this affects locking by not springing back to fully down position- why so many doors jam whilst layed up.

daza

thanks will have a look later,whats happened is if i lock all the doors with key then unlock with drivers door they all unlock,but then if i lock drivers door just drivers door locks :P

daza

ok i've checked earths,making sure rods go fully down and now i'm completly stuck, what i can't understand is it will unlock all the doors but won't lock them.

i've done a search and tryed everything people say but no one seems to have same problem,please help i'm pulling my hair out...

Sign in to follow this