• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Roll Cage Options

rich_w
Yeah after they nicked all our money..tossers.  Just another example of how limited companies are allowed to get away with murder when it suits them most.  2nd time i've got stung in 2 years  :D

In the latest PPC mag the new company have said they would try to help as many people as possible..its in the news section nr the front.

Phil
I need a roll cage for my 205 as i'm sure many others on here do, having looked around the site quite a bit there have been no recent topics, especially since Safety Devices closed their doors.

What options are out there for the 205? Who is the cheapest?

So far I have found the following:

OMP AB/105 10 point bolt in cage (Demon Tweeks £290 exc. VAT exc. Delivery | Roelands £300 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/105 weld in (Roelands £360 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo bolt in (Roelands £540 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo weld in (Roelands £325 inc VAT exc Del)

Sparco 6 point bolt in (Demon Tweeks £290 exc VAT exc Del)

Sparco multipoint weld in (Demon Tweeks £337 exc VAT exc Del)

I will update this post as I find other prices or if anyone knows anywhere else selling them!

After a break from working on the car i'm now definitely buying a cage as the rest is ready and waiting, so back on the case today i've found that Demon Tweeks are still the same prices but they only keep the OMP 10 point cage in stock.

AB Motorsport sell the Safety Devices challenge spec and have some in stock as of tomorrow but they are £595 +vat. (unsure if they have profiled ends or not)

Roll Center sell a Weld in for £315+ vat (non-profiled ends) and a bolt in for £428, but there is an 8 week lead time on these (or I would have ordered one already!)

Custom Cages are £379+ vat for a weld in with non profiled ends and £514+ vat for one with.

Preferably I want one to go behind the dash and fit tight against the shell, something that i'm told the OMP bolt in cage doesn't do :blush: If anyone has any mroe options or thoughts please let me know! I'm looking to order/pick one up this weekend!

Also for anyone who has fitted a cage, does it really take that long to profile the ends? (i.e. worth the £200?) or will I be able to get a better fit doing them myself?

Powers

Definitely buy a cage with profiled ends. It saves so much time. I would personally go for the Custom Cages one.

Phil

Custom cages have been trying to fax me a diagram of their cage all day but are not having any luck :)

Do you know what spec it is? (i.e. does it triangulate to the front suspension? Double door bars? etc etc)

Garry

Give Miles a shout at X-Sport racing, I think you find him a bit cheaper than above. Plus it will be a full weld in one, so much stronger than a bolt in jobbie.

smighall

I ordered an OMP 10 point bolt in from Peter LLyoyd Rallying yesterday. They're selling them for £320 delivered for those who wanted to know

Phil

Here is a diagram of the Custom Cages offering for £515, much more comprehensive than an SD challenge spec!

798cc385.jpg

Phil

Just had the fitting price back from CustomCages...

£1313 + VAT! <_<

Guest quantumjohn

Wow! I understand from others that their quality is very good but I can't help thinking that you are paying for their name a bit as well.

Take a look at Fabricage. I don't think they have a website and I can't find any contact details just at the moment but I have them somewhere. I believe they are run by an ex-Rollcentre employee.

They designed, made and fitted a well spec'd full weld in cage to the Volvo S70 I co-drive in for a little over £1200. And that's a big car!

John

Sign in to follow this