• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Roll Cage Options

Phil

I need a roll cage for my 205 as i'm sure many others on here do, having looked around the site quite a bit there have been no recent topics, especially since Safety Devices closed their doors.

What options are out there for the 205? Who is the cheapest?

So far I have found the following:

OMP AB/105 10 point bolt in cage (Demon Tweeks £290 exc. VAT exc. Delivery | Roelands £300 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/105 weld in (Roelands £360 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo bolt in (Roelands £540 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo weld in (Roelands £325 inc VAT exc Del)

Sparco 6 point bolt in (Demon Tweeks £290 exc VAT exc Del)

Sparco multipoint weld in (Demon Tweeks £337 exc VAT exc Del)

I will update this post as I find other prices or if anyone knows anywhere else selling them!

Edited by Phil

Jonmurgie

Do a search, been discussed many times...

My vote is 10-point OMP and that price from Roelands sounds good, though they do come up for sale second hand from time to time...

Phil

I found a few topics searching, but none listed any cheap suppliers! One said Roelands were £200 for the OMP but thats not what they told me!

The OMP 10 point looks ok, but I wish it would go behind the dash so it follows the A pillars down :)

Kev-G

DT's price for the 10pt. OMP has risen dramatically since I phoned them for a price about 1 yr. ago - I'm sure that they quoted me £290 all in.

Watch out for the delivery - It's horrifically expensive as they a priced volumetric (basically there is not sufficient weight compared to size to make it worthwhile pricing on weight).

Ask me how I found that out....

Jonmurgie
The OMP 10 point looks ok, but I wish it would go behind the dash so it follows the A pillars down :D

Then you need to get in touch with Rollcenter I think it is... they will have to custom make you one, and it won't be cheap :)

Miles

We can do a custom cage, supply from £200.00 for a weld in cage, Drop me a email for some info

Phil

Will send you an email in the morning! Sounds good price wise though! (The 205 is only a cheapo track banger so cheap is good!)

SPGTi
I found a few topics searching, but none listed any cheap suppliers! One said Roelands were £200 for the OMP but thats not what they told me!

I got quoted £200 all in by Roelands for the bolt in OMP in about October last year. I ended up with a Rollcentre cage though.

Steve

Dream Weaver
We can do a custom cage, supply from £200.00 for a weld in cage, Drop me a email for some info

Any pics Miles?

Phil
I got quoted £200 all in by Roelands for the bolt in OMP in about October last year. I ended up with a Rollcentre cage though.

Steve

I'm sure Demon Tweeks said the same to eabout that tme last year, so I was a bit shocked! Someone had one for sale cheap last year without the mouting plates but no-one could get me a set of new ones!

slider2

miles, a i might well pm you about a cage as i was very impressed with the standard of your cars at pugfest... :)

Phil

I sent you an email this morning, did you get it?

ecksstore

I have a 6 point SD cage that I just removed from my car.

Im putting my 205 back to standard interior as I am sick of clambering over the cage whenever I take her out.

Im looking for around £180 for it

Dream Weaver
I have a 6 point SD cage that I just removed from my car.

Im putting my 205 back to standard interior as I am sick of clambering over the cage whenever I take her out.

Im looking for around £180 for it

Any pics? And where is Caithness?

Dream Weaver

Ah, just seen where Caithness is would cost me more in fuel, must be bloody cold up there :(

ecksstore

No way man it tropical up here.

Would cost you a mint in fuel, great fun on our roads mind.

I have a courier who would deliver for around £50 ish

proaxis2
I need a roll cage for my 205 as i'm sure many others on here do, having looked around the site quite a bit there have been no recent topics, especially since Safety Devices closed their doors.

What options are out there for the 205? Who is the cheapest?

So far I have found the following:

OMP AB/105 10 point bolt in cage (Demon Tweeks £290 exc. VAT exc. Delivery | Roelands £300 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/105 weld in (Roelands £360 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo bolt in (Roelands £540 inc VAT exc Del)

OMP AB/106 CrMo  weld in (Roelands £325 inc VAT exc Del)

Sparco 6 point bolt in (Demon Tweeks £290 exc VAT exc Del)

Sparco multipoint weld in (Demon Tweeks £337 exc VAT exc Del)

I will update this post as I find other prices or if anyone knows anywhere else selling them!

Hey, Phil any update on this as I'm looking to get a cage fitted in the near future.

Cheers

Adam

jonah

I'm told that Safety Devices are now back in business. :D

SPGTi
I'm told that Safety Devices are now back in business.  :D

Hmm.. manufacturing in Poland.

Steve

smckeown
I'm told that Safety Devices are now back in business.  :P

Yeah after they nicked all our money..tossers. Just another example of how limited companies are allowed to get away with murder when it suits them most. 2nd time i've got stung in 2 years :D

indigorallye

I can get an OMP FE45 multipoint cage (weld in) for the same money as a CRMO multipoint cage (bolt in).

Any advice on which would be the better one to go for?

Anyone else got an OMP weld in cage?

smckeown

my thoughts...

Weld in costs twice as much to fit

Your more likely to re-sell your cage if its bolt in.

Weld in cages make the chassis much more rigid

Sean

mbayley77

I have an OMP cage in my rally car.

Good neat welding with a high quality overall product. Only thing i had to do was pull in the roll hoop slightly to get it to fit it. But my car has had a few bashes so may not have been totally straight on the floor pan etc.

indigorallye

I know a lot of people have the FE45 10 point bolt in, but does anyone have the Cr/Mo multi- point bolt in?

The Cr/Mo cage is approximately 10kg's lighter, yet very similar in price.

Sign in to follow this