• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Col

Group A Complete Top Mounts.

Col

looking on www.wmms.co.uk i see they have group A top mounts, what would be the difference? does anyone know?

here they are, would they fit Gaz coilovers?

P1010081.JPG

failing that does anyone know how much a complete standard top mount costs?

Edited by Col

Jonmurgie

It's probably just got a rose jointed bearing... but does look nice B)

It basically replaces your standard top mount on your Gaz shocks... At £85 they seem not too badly priced... though I'd personally spend a little more and get some concentric top mounts from somewhere like TAS. Then you can get yourself some more caster and camber :)

markrnorton
get some concentric top mounts from somewhere like TAS. Then you can get yourself some more caster and camber

Dont you mean eccentric ! B) like these eccentric mounts

Edited by markrnorton

Jonmurgie

I always get those 2 muddled up... yeah eccentric.. that's what I've got anyhow B)

Col

would they not affect tyre wear?

im running 309 front wishbones and its a 99% road car.

Ahl

My 309 wishbones have made the tyres wear more evenly if anything. In fact I'd goes as far as to say that even more negative camber would make the wear more even.

I'd go for the eccentric mounts, then you can adjust it at your leisure and see what you like. Your missing out on one of the main benefits of coilovers otherwise.

tom_m
My 309 wishbones have made the tyres wear more evenly if anything. In fact I'd goes as far as to say that even more negative camber would make the wear more even.

I'd go for the eccentric mounts, then you can adjust it at your leisure and see what you like. Your missing out on one of the main benefits of coilovers otherwise.

yeah what he said

cybernck

i'm always repeating my question but never get an answer really.

is it possible to use r/j (concentric, not eccentric) top mounts with standard shocks?

as i see it, i need to modify the top spring pan to appear as the top spring pan on a coilover shock.

would that work or not?

check the pic to see what i mean (courtesy of jonmurgie iirc).

post-4-1109823016_thumb.jpg

alternatively, is that WMMS one meant for use with standard shocks?

thanks.

Col

it appears the wmms top mounts are designed for use with the bilstein coilovers.

however the guy is sending me all the sizes to see if its possible to mod them for anything else.

as for eccentric/concentric mounts - i have to draw the line somewhere.

Ahl

Full standard top mounts cost about £20 each btw Col.

Shevy

I'm sure you can use concentric top mounts with standard shocks, for eccentric mounts definetly have to have coilovers.

Give TAS a call,they will tell you straight away.

They look like eccentric top mounts in that picture.

You could probably get an eccentric mount to fit,but you would have to get a top spring pan modified from a coilover kit to fit over a standard diameter piston shock. I can't see any reason why it can't be done, unless someone knows different.

i'm always repeating my question but never get an answer really.

is it possible to use r/j (concentric, not eccentric) top mounts with standard shocks?

as i see it, i need to modify the top spring pan to appear as the top spring pan on a coilover shock.

would that work or not?

check the pic to see what i mean (courtesy of jonmurgie iirc).

post-4-1109823016_thumb.jpg

alternatively, is that WMMS one meant for use with standard shocks?

thanks.

Sam
it appears the wmms top mounts are designed for use with the bilstein coilovers.

however the guy is sending me all the sizes to see if its possible to mod them for anything else.

as for eccentric/concentric mounts - i have to draw the line somewhere.

Col,

did you find anything out about these, I'm wondering if they fit the Bilstein Challenge spec dampers?

Sam

Nathan_marriott

The GP A top mounts will only fit GP A Bilstein dampers.

The GPA Dampers have longer top bits (Where the nut tightens on to) so that they go thro the rose joint properly........

Sam

Yep its quite annoying, just found out the challenge spec aren't long tops, even though they take the same inserts as the group a.

veloce200
Yep its quite annoying, just found out the challenge spec aren't long tops, even though they take the same inserts as the group a.

You could get it to fit with shorter rods using a sleeve nut. If the shocks piston rod was a different diameter then different spacers could be used

Sign in to follow this