• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tronic

Heater Matrix Hoses

Guest Tronic

Hey guys one of the hoses going to the heater matrix has sprung a leak and the other one is probally going do the same shortly.

As it never really gets cold enough to use the heater i was thinking of by-passing the matrix altogether and using one hose to replace the two currently beign used.

My question is does anyone know if the hosing is the same diameter all the way along eg can the same size hose be connected at each end?

Pug original parts aren't that easy to get where i am so i'm hoping to use some generic heater hosing.

Cheers Troy

pug_ham

From looking at the diagram I have for the Mi16 coolnt hose diametres you should be OK with a piece of hose about 30mm diametre.

See attached image, they are both about 28-29mm on the engine side.

Graham.

post-71-1109095436_thumb.jpg

kyepan
From looking at the diagram I have for the Mi16 coolnt hose diametres you should be OK with a piece of hose about 30mm diametre.

See attached image, they are both about 28-29mm on the engine side.

Graham.

Need the coolant hose from the thermo housing to the bulk head, I do have an mi16 but with an 8v water jacket grafted on, so i'm assuming a standard 8v will be fine.

Had a look at the parts catalogue here

and can't see it listed.

Does a part number exist from either peugeot or samco for this hose, as i don't fancy going to the scrappy, as i will be tempted to get an ecu and cut the 701 resistor on it... :blush:

Have searched quite a bit and cannot find what i need, any help appreciated.

Cheers

Justin.

hengti
Need the coolant hose from the thermo housing to the bulk head, I do have an mi16 but with an 8v water jacket grafted on, so i'm assuming a standard 8v will be fine.

Had a look at the parts catalogue here

and can't see it listed.

Does a part number exist from either peugeot or samco for this hose, as i don't fancy going to the scrappy, as i will be tempted to get an ecu and cut the 701 resistor on it... :blush:

Have searched quite a bit and cannot find what i need, any help appreciated.

Cheers

Justin.

is this the bottom heater matrix hose?

the lower of the two bulkhead pipes - immediate right angle bend as it comes across the bulkhead towards the nearside of the car, then bends in towards the back of the thermostat housing under the dizzy (not sure of the name of the component that it connects to here) - ?

if so, the part number's 134131. £22.16 ...

just fitted one to mine - took my local dealer three attempts to get the right hose though, so it's worth taking it in to them and checking it against their microfiche

kyepan
is this the bottom heater matrix hose?

the lower of the two bulkhead pipes - immediate right angle bend as it comes across the bulkhead towards the nearside of the car, then bends in towards the back of the thermostat housing under the dizzy (not sure of the name of the component that it connects to here) - ?

if so, the part number's 134131. £22.16 ...

just fitted one to mine - took my local dealer three attempts to get the right hose though, so it's worth taking it in to them and checking it against their microfiche

thats the one exactly,does the double bend, under the dizzy.

Will take it in anyway when i change it over to make sure, the bloke on the parts desk is fairly cool with letting me look at stuff and checking the parts catalogue.

Thanks for the help.

Justin.

Guest werewolf

My matrix is leaking .Is it ok to bypass it completely as i will only be doing trackdays in it?

jackherer
My matrix is leaking .Is it ok to bypass it completely as i will only be doing trackdays in it?

yeah thats no problem.

Sign in to follow this