• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Creaking Sound When Breaking

pugbliss

when i break either from speed or from even just rolling i can hear creaking sound from both inside the car and also if you wind the window down and stick my head out i can hear it even more.

the breaks are not binding and the pads and discs are good, the fluid is at the full mark..

what the hell is it?

Simes

I have this too, not all the time though and only from what seems the nearside and when I apply the brakes.

I get a minute vibration through the brake pedal , I think it maybe something to do with wear within the brake caliper, ie. I think the caliper is moving a little more than it should.

Banjo

If these are both 1.6 brakes its proberly the slidders have worn too much, if so just swop them for 1.9 calipers as they are a much better design.

Ben

ps you must keep your 1.6 disks and use the 1.9 brake bolts as they are shorter. :ph34r:

Edited by Banjo

Simes

Sliders, that's the word - worn I think is the other.

Mine is a 1.9 but will be having GTI-6 brakes soon. :ph34r:

Jer309GTi

Sorry to resurect an old topic, but I have exactly this problem on my XS (standard brakes) atm. I took the brakes apart on the weekend, regreased the sliders and copper greased the pads. It was fine for 2 days then it's started creaking again.

I'm guessing the sliders are worn and putting in the extra grease took up the wear in the slider and then when the grease moved around the creak returned?

Edited by Jer309GTi

Sign in to follow this