• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Butler

Replacement Gear Linkages For Be3

Butler

Looking to replace my gearbox over xmas and want to do the something with the linkage. Can you refurb the currently linkage or buy a complete replacement.

If so where from. I feel a complete linkage from Pug could be pricey.

Cheers,

Rob Thomson

The linkage rods aren't all that expensive from Pug. Think you're talking about £30 for all three - and the bushes to refurb the bell-crank on the subframe are pennies.

Butler

Cheers, i'll look into that.

Benito

Rally Car also do some Grp-N ones for £20

pug_ham
Rally Car also do some Grp-N ones for £20

I have some of these waiting to fit & from the pictures I've seen the ones from Griffiths engineering are loads easier to fit & just as good. The group N ones require drilling the car & you have to set the length of them.

mn_7125.jpg

£20 + vat & £15 p&p from here.

Graham.

Butler

I have found the ones on Griff Eng's site. I only saw the quickshifts originally. I think I will go for those. So I only need to go to a Pug dealer for the bushes.

Anthony

Just ordered a set of those Griff Engineering linkages for myself, along with some new poly exhaust mountings to replace the tired flappy rubber ones on the car at present :ph34r:

Miles

Why not make your own, The Griffs ones are just a threaded bar with the connectors at each end, Another thing I will look into when I have time.

Ahl
Why not make your own, The Griffs ones are just a threaded bar with the connectors at each end, Another thing I will look into when I have time.

grpA type rose jointed anyone? :ph34r:

Butler

I reckon it would be you worth you looking into Miles. You sell gearboxes so, to me anyone whos go a gearbox worn badly enough to need a recon'd one will definitely have tired linkage.

For £15 I think its worth buying the linkage. I am looking into what bushes I need too.

kenan

The website for Griffiths engineering (www.griff-eng.co.uk/) isn't working and my gear linkage is driving me mad. Anyone got their contact details??

I just need 3 rods and then some bushes from pug??

pug_ham
The website for Griffiths engineering (www.griff-eng.co.uk/) isn't working and my gear linkage is driving me mad. Anyone got their contact details??

I just need 3 rods and then some bushes from pug??

Kenan, Try http://www.griffiths-engineering.co.uk/ although they don't show the rods anymore, just the alloy quickshift quadrant. Then again they seemed to change the listings on the website everyweek anyway.

For the rods you could always try Miles & see if he has sorted his kits out yet,last time I talked to him he had found a supplier of the ball ends or give http://www.constella.co.uk/ (phone= 01509 507341) a try, they offer a 10% discount for forum members.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this