• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Natasha

Mi16 Exhaust Manifolds

Natasha

Can someone tell me what the difference is (if any) between the 405 mi manifold and the citroen bx gti one?

Pics would be great!

AndyR

Dont think there are supposed to be any?

But if you compare any 2 next to each other they are sometimes different..ive seen one about an inch longer than another.

C_W

I'm assuming you mean BX 16v in which case there isn't any difference, but like AndyR said they do tend to vary as I would expect they are hand made. But the general design, angles and fitment is the same.

B1ack_Mi16

Btw..

There's no difference between 405 Mi16 and BX GTi 16v manifolds, but a huge difference between Mi16 ones and BX GTi ones that's 8v engines..

eddie_1.9

I can't believe its not been discussed before but i can't find it; Does the 1.9 Mi 8-2 tubular exhaust manifold fit on the 2 litre Mi engine to replace the crapper cast one that the 2.0 come with? Is there gains to be had here or is the cast one just as good?

petert

The 2L manifold won't fit without making an adaptor plate. It has 10 bolts rather than 9. Don't try drilling and tapping the head as there isn't enough metal between the ports like a 1.9L head. Folks bag out the cast iron manifold but it's actually a nice bit of work, although a tad heavy. One thing's for sure however, it fits very easily into a 205!

eddie_1.9

So there is no other bolt on manifold for the 2L Mi other than the std item? the 1.9 Mi needs and adaptor and the Gti-6 need work as well to fit :( Looks like i'll have to stick with what i've got then.

Anthony
So there is no other bolt on manifold for the 2L Mi other than the std item? the 1.9 Mi needs and adaptor and the Gti-6 need work as well to fit :angry: Looks like i'll have to stick with what i've got then.

The Maniflow/Pugspares 4-1 style ones that Miles sells with also fit the S16 engines AFAIK

Mattsav

The manifolds are all the same design but there were at least 2 different manufacturers.

Some have nice neat welding that doesn't obstruct the ports others are terrible.

pug309twin40s

the pugspares 4-2-1 manifold will fit either the 1.9 mi16 or 2lt 16v.

eddie_1.9
The Maniflow/Pugspares 4-1 style ones that Miles sells with also fit the S16 engines AFAIK
just been on the Maniflow site - £325.00 just for the manifold! :angry: Thats that off my list of things to get.

The manifolds are all the same design but there were at least 2 different manufacturers.

Some have nice neat welding that doesn't obstruct the ports others are terrible.

I'm not sure what that means. The 1.9 and 2.0 are interchangeable after all? Edited by eddie_1.9

Miles

It doesn;t fit that well due to the 2l engine being that much taller, Yes it can go in but not without some mods, The std ones not too bad unless your after big power

DrSarty

Sorry to bother you old bean, but quick question re Mi16 exhaust manifold. I have a reangled one already, which I'll soon sell coz I've got a new complete system from Batfink including maniflow manifold. There's the history, here's the question.

Can I remove/replace the manifold with the engine still in and head still on. Is there a technique to get at the 9 bolts? e.g. from beneath? wobbly sockets etc etc.

I've asked you because there's too much to wade through on the forum and I can't find an answer to this Q.

Cheers for your help. Hopefully see you at Hungry Horse Bicester meet mid Nov?

Dr S :D

Sign in to follow this