• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gareth

Removing Sunroof

gareth

i have a sunroof on my gti and it's bloody horrible!!! it's not even an original peugeot item. as i'm 6'2", i spend my life headbutting it! also, it leaks and as the catch is broken i can't leave it open as when i brake it tries to scalp me!!!

the compan that made it don't have any spares to repair it and i've tried to find another like it in the breakers for the last year or so with no success.

as a few bits on my bodywork require tidying i've been thinking about sorting this at the same time.

there are 3 options that i can think of:

1. accurately cut a section out of the roof of a 205 in the scrapyard and spot weld it in.

2. get an entire replacement roof panel fitted.£££££

3. buy an even bigger replacement (wabasto?) sunroof and at least enjoy the thing!

has anyone had any of the above done?

zeolite

Just removed a factory sunroof and all I can say is...TAKE THE HANDLE OFF FIRST!

We just slapped a sheet of ally on and pop riveted but I am sure you would want a more elegant finish.

Miles

Just buy a roof panel from Peugeot only £100.00, Easy to fit by all accounts and no leaks :D

Guest PacMan

Miles, do you have a part number for that panel? Its something i think i want to do if i can think of some way to hide the hole from the inside of the car?

gareth

miles, is that the entire roof panel?

does it weld on at the tops of the pillars?

i've got a photo of my existing one here for a laugh:

imag0036b.jpg

Miles

That looks like a right cowboy job :D , But I havn't got the part number of the panel but my Mate did his December Last yr and yes it does attach at all 6 pillar tops.

Sign in to follow this