• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
C_W

What Causes Axle Tramp?

C_W

No brakes are binding (easy to push the car on my own). Wheels are balanced and tracking is ok, but it's that violent I doubt it's any of those things.

I've just had a quick look under the bonnet and it seems quite easy to leave the top mount around; I hope it's this that is causing it as A; it means the problem is found and b; it's an easy job to do. Only problem is that it is an obscure "low height" top mount which meant the cambelt has ample clearance from the servo.

cybernck

i get this sometimes but it usually happens on a wet and bumpy road.

maybe some play in track rod ends or a worn CV joint could cause this?

btw, it's my right wheel (your drivers side) that tends to wheelspin usually, on both of my pugs :angry:.

The unequal length driveshafts on fwd cars were known to be a contributary factor in torque steer. The long shaft on the o/s was modified on newer cars where there is a dummy shaft out of the gearbox......and then equal length shafts from there.

it's done like this on the 205 :angry:.

C_W

It's not the top mount :angry: I've just checked it and it seems fine. Driveshafts are new. Track rod ends are newish too. Need to wait for the snow to clear then I can take a close look underneath.

Cybernck; I would expect the right hand wheel to spin usually on yours as your car is LHD, assuming you are on your own.

Sign in to follow this