• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

Strut Top Mounting

jimbo

Hi,

I recently replaced all my suspension on my car. Am a bit worried. Does this look right. I am talking about the gap between the strut top mounting and the cup the strut is bolted to. SHould there be a gap or not? I'm not getting any noises and I am sure I assembled it all correctly.

5-picture1.gif

This is the other side (bit of a crap photo) but you get the idea.

5-picture2.gif

I look forward to your comments,

Cheers,

James

Guest ollysmith

yup, that's fine. it's 'cos it's resting on the chunky great big lump of rubber at the top of the strut.

jimbo

Thats what I thought, but dont remember it being like that when I took it apart.

newdean0

I think they change, when you jack the car up the gap disappears as far as I can remember

Guest ollysmith

one thing to look out for tho' - if you've not put the strut together properly, the top cup will be loose when the car's sat on the ground and it'll make the handling a little bit vague. I'd forgotten to put in the washer at the top of the shocker when I put new billies on the 309 and it was a bit odd for a while, didn't realise what I'd done wrong 'til i noticed the cup was loose!

jimbo

The cup isnt loose and the handling is good. Just a bit concerned about that gap?!?

Guest steveo

Jimbo mate. The gap is nothing to worry about, mine look like this.....trust me don't worry about it...its ok. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this