• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John C

Need some help

John C

I have a garage just outside Washington DC in US and may have the only 205GTi in the country here. The car has been to a few other places in the area and had a lot of work done and it still isn't right. It idles fine but after driving for half a mile or so it feels like it's running out of fuel. It has multi port FI and the customer gave me a list of all the replaced parts including a fuel pump. Any other car with a Bosch style L Jetronic system I would think it was fuel pressure (I'm about to check that). There may be something obvious on a 205 you guys may suggest. The customer brought a manual but it's all in French (I'm from Northampton and wish I'd paid attention in my French lessons at school. Any ideas, I can be contacted on Facebook (john cummins, glen burnie, Maryland USA

Tom Fenton

Check the fuel pressure first. With the vac hose to the regulator disconnected you should have 3 bar. I would check that the breather to the fuel tank is working as it should, if air cannot get in it will cause a vacuum in the tank perhaps. When it feels like its running out of fuel try taking the fill cap off.