• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Archie's mid life crisis

Phase 1.5 central locking actuators

Archie's mid life crisis

Hi,

Does anyone know of a source for suitable replacement central locking actuators? My car is a 89 plate GTi and both the door locking actuators appear to be faulty. The drivers door actuator is the grey type with four terminals : positive and earth supply and two pins out to feed the other actuators. The supply to the actuator is good but moving the actuator doesn't provide power to the pin outs.

I've tried power to the passenger door actuator but it is dead.

I've searched for replacement actuators but the driver's door actuator replacements all appear to be the 5 pin type for the Phase 2 cars.

If anyone has been able to source replacement actuators for the Phase 1 & 1.5 cars i'd be grateful to know where you sourced them from.

Thanks

Richie-Van-GTi

The drivers door is not an actuator, its 2 microswitches operated by a slide. It should be possible to replace them if you can carefully slice a housing open, i honestly find it better to install an aftermarket kit, run one extra wire into the drivers door and have proper central locking that can be linked to an alarm/immobiliser with fob for remote locking.

shonkers

I got mine off french ebay a few months ago pretty cheap too