• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TALBOT sport

Xud 7/9/11 oil-sump.

TALBOT sport

Hi from Sweden

I have a 205 mi16 built 2006. Its not used on the track. I have been searching for a oil-sump

with the trap-door design at the breakers online. The mi16 1.9 aluminum is empty on mine. 

Ive been looking for xu10 ones but due to age i guess they are scrapped now in Sweden.

I found a sump from a 605, probably xud11 2.1 diesel. It looked like the mi16 one but not so many fins on outside.

Also it was aluminum and it has the trapdoor design inside. I figure it could be a good part since xu10 petrol are few now.

Question is do all xud 7/9/11 have trapdoors in the sump and do they bolt straight to the xu petrol series? 

Maybe the oil-pump pickup doesnt have to be lengthend either?

What do you folks with xud-knowledge think?

Regards Daniel

SRDT

The XU9JA and XU9J4 have a block girdle commonly know as "the spacer" on the bottom of the block, because of that corresponding oil sumps are shorter to compensate. If you can afford the loss of ground clearance and extend the pump pickup it's not a bad idea to get a taller sump but the stock trapdoor may not solve all your oil problems.

The XU9J4 sump with a trapdoor was used on the 309 GTI16 since 03/1991, at the same time a deflector was bolted on the pump. It probably wasn't enough because in 11/1992 a new pump appeared, sadly I have no idea what was so special about it. At this point the car was soon to be phased out so 100% effective or not it was the last upgrade.

http://www.taylor-eng.com/sump/wetsump.htm

Gohn
15 hours ago, TALBOT sport said:

Question is do all xud 7/9/11 have trapdoors in the sump

the XUD7 and XUD9 don't. pic is sump for XUD7 both D and TD 

XUD11 - don't know

sump.JPG

petert

With or without AC, the XUD11TE would appear to have a trap door sump. The part number 0301C4 is the same between petrol and diesel. Happy days.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 6.16.47 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 6.17.05 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 6.18.53 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 6.21.00 pm.png