• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

Rear axle repair kit

pugdamo

I'm not sure if I can put eBay links up but there's a seller I've looked at on eBay that's selling a full axle repair kit, don't suppose it's a member on here? Just want to make sure it's someone reliable and it will be decent parts, they list the larger bearing as OE having 45 needles and also say it comes with an extra seal not sold by other sellers. Just for ease I'm after a full kit so if there are any of the axle builders that are selling kits I'd be happy to buy one. 

The eBay seller is 205s R US from Lowestoft Suffolk and I seem to think it's someone here (I know there's more than one person that lives there before you say it lol) 

Thanks,

Damian 

jord294

Your choice, but I wouldn't use. Better quality out there

Edited by jord294
Statement error

billybluesky

When I did mine a few years ago I used Peugeot and Citroën dealers for genuine parts , I found Citroën were slightly dearer,

• Like 1

pugdamo

That's all I needed thankyou. Don't suppose you would sell a kit? From reading things you and others have posted I know some bits are still available at dealers and some aren't. If there's a kit somewhere that's worth getting I'll get it, or if I know what to get and where I'll do it. Doing a Google search I saw a Meyle kit (brand I've used before with no issues but not for axle rebuilds) and a couple SNR kits, they were all also on eBay, the SNR kits were both french companies which I guess makes buying difficult UK for import charges.

Thanks for the reply, saved me wasting my time on that eBay one though.

pugdamo
1 minute ago, billybluesky said:

When I did mine a few years ago I used Peugeot and Citroën dealers for genuine parts , I found Citroën were slightly dearer,

Thankyou for that, did you manage to get everything from the dealers? I thought some of the seals were not available anymore.

Gaz D

I’ve been putting the bits together for a full rebuild. I’ve had full bolt kit from stefs axles. Some febi bistein stuff from spoox along with some genuine oe seals, and had snr bearings and other bits from retro rally race. The quality of the parts will definitely be better than what I’ve got fitted now

jord294

I've got genuine 306 kits, which usually I wouldn't sell, but would to help out. I'd want rrp

5132.62 for reference 

pugdamo

Thankyou Very much, What's included in that kit? If I can just give that number to my local Peugeot dealer I can do that to save you posting stuff, I appreciate it's a pain packing and sending stuff. If I can get it locally I'll do that as long as I know what's available at the dealers and what I need to get elsewhere. I know @TomFenton was selling seals and anti roll bar caps before so I'll contact him once I can start getting a list together.

pugdamo
4 hours ago, Gaz D said:

I’ve been putting the bits together for a full rebuild. I’ve had full bolt kit from stefs axles. Some febi bistein stuff from spoox along with some genuine oe seals, and had snr bearings and other bits from retro rally race. The quality of the parts will definitely be better than what I’ve got fitted now

Only just seen this after I posted the reply to Jord, thankyou very much. I'll look into this aswell. 

jord294
6 minutes ago, pugdamo said:

Thankyou Very much, What's included in that kit? If I can just give that number to my local Peugeot dealer I can do that to save you posting stuff, I appreciate it's a pain packing and sending stuff. If I can get it locally I'll do that as long as I know what's available at the dealers and what I need to get elsewhere. I know @TomFenton was selling seals and anti roll bar caps before so I'll contact him once I can start getting a list together.

I can supply bearings, seals, and other genuine parts. You won't find the 306 kits available. I bought loads before they went nla. I even have genuine arb bushes and foam rings which I believe are superior quality

jord294

I also have genuine shock bolts with oe nuts and washers, to keep that axle as close to oe as poss

pugdamo

I'm assuming all the 306 parts fit? I'm not fussed about the whole oe thing but what I'm after is good quality parts, I don't want to be pulling it apart again in a years time and doing it again. The arm shafts are also something I'd be changing. What are we looking at cost wise?

jord294

You tell me every part you require, and I'll give you a price

pugdamo

I'm assuming all the parts I need are,

Arm shafts x2

Inner and outer bearings x2

Arm shaft seal and cup x2

Anti roll bar seals x2

I think that's it.

welshpug

most of the 306 uses the same part numbers, the anti  roll bar bush is  thinner as the end plate has to accommodate the larger diameter ends of the ARB, as well as the  306 having a bearing kit listed where the 205 never did.

oddly the most recent pictures I've seen online of the kit doesn't include the main shaft seal, last time I used an oem kit it was included and the price was half what I have seen them now.

pugdamo
2 hours ago, welshpug said:

most of the 306 uses the same part numbers, the anti  roll bar bush is  thinner as the end plate has to accommodate the larger diameter ends of the ARB, as well as the  306 having a bearing kit listed where the 205 never did.

oddly the most recent pictures I've seen online of the kit doesn't include the main shaft seal, last time I used an oem kit it was included and the price was half what I have seen them now.

Thankyou for the reply. Where do you get your parts? I'm assuming it's a mix of dealers and aftermarket and if it's aftermarket what brands do you prefer to use? I've read here that some SNR bearings come with the French power bearing with the correct number of rollers and the inner bearing I think was German unbranded with the lesser number (I've read so much it's all starting to fog together lol). The parts I listed was that everything?

Thanks again

Darrens205GTI

Hi All, I'm just back into the fold after losing interest in playing with cars for a few years now. I picked up a refurbed Bronze bushed rear beam ages ago was just staring to build it up but have noticed the inner beam bearings aren't there. Both circled in the picture. Are they required and if so any idea of the part number, or can one of you Gents supply?

Cheers

205 Rear Beam Bearing.jpg

Gaz D

Retrorallyandrace.co.uk. Is where I had mine from recently 

Darrens205GTI
11 hours ago, Gaz D said:

Retrorallyandrace.co.uk. Is where I had mine from recently 

Cheers Gary

Gohn

17 hours ago, Darrens205GTI said:

I picked up a refurbed Bronze bushed rear beam ages ago was just staring to build it up but have noticed the inner beam bearings aren't there. Both circled in the picture. Are they required

yes

pug_ham
17 hours ago, Darrens205GTI said:

Hi All, I'm just back into the fold after losing interest in playing with cars for a few years now. I picked up a refurbed Bronze bushed rear beam ages ago was just staring to build it up but have noticed the inner beam bearings aren't there. Both circled in the picture. Are they required and if so any idea of the part number, or can one of you Gents supply?

Cheers

5131 45 Socket, is the bearing, as is 5132 49 (inner + outer)

g

Darrens205GTI

Thanks very much Gents

jord294

You'll need to remove the outer bronze bush to fit the inner bearing. 

Can't believe someone only did half a job

Darrens205GTI

To be fair to the man that sold it to me it was only all nipped up whilst he waited for bearings and seals, that way nothing went AWOL. He never got to purchase those bits cos I purchased all his Pug parts as a job lot. More fool me for not putting it together when it was all fresh in my mind.

I'll read through the guide whilst I strip down my old beam, that will hopefully give me enough info to buy the bearings and seals and put it all together.

Cheers