• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Diesel dfz pivots

Gavin Waddell

Hello 

I have a friend who has been given a 1.9 diesel automatic 205 it has the dfz engine. I was wondering if the front pivots where the 1.9 or 1.6 ones ? Should i ask him to take a picture to see if they have the the lager hub nut?

Thanks

petert

DFZ has 1.6 running gear.

welshpug

Dfz isnt diesel either !

Gavin Waddell

Welshpug, you are completely correct don't know why i said that it was a diesel. My mate keeps sending me loads of ads for 205's for sale and i got mixed up.

Thanks PeterT for confirming that they are 1.6 hub pivots, i won't be taking them then.

Gohn

all beside the point but no 205 diesel automatics either unfortunately

have heard that the only XUD with an auto gearbox is in a CitBx

never seen one obviously but like the idea of chugging along without having to change gears

Tom Fenton

My grandfather bought a BX NA diesel auto brand new in 1990/91. It was one of the only diesel auto cars you could buy at the time, it replaced his Orion 1.6D manual, he was very pleased with it as compared to the Orion it saved him changing gears but still did 50mpg.

jannickz

I'm not sure which model or year your friend's 205 is, but based on your description, it seems like it might be a 1.9 diesel automatic with the DFZ engine.

If you're wondering about the front pivots, they are typically specific to the engine and transmission type. The 1.9 diesel models often have different front pivots than the 1.6 models.

welshpug

Dfz is not a diesel engine.