• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Chris Prosser

Upgrade to piper stainless exhaust system?

Chris Prosser

Hello, I have just joined the forum after purchasing my 1.6 GTI (F reg) two weeks ago after 6 years of searching and saving! (owned 2 previously 20 years ago)

It just failed its MOT yesterday due to major exhaust leak, the previous owner changed the back box recently but there is a leak / crack further up the system. After some deliberating as to keeping the car as standard as possible I have decided to fit a stainless piper 3 inch system to the car.

The car is totally original, non sunroof and the plan is to keep it tidying up the interior and exterior as I go...

I was just after any advice on the piper system and any thoughts on changing to a stainless system?

Thanks Chris

sp_en_ny

Really is down to personal choice, If its an investment I would suggest you keep it original otherwise do to it whatever pleases you. 

sp_en_ny

If the prices people have quoted previously are correct it will also leave a mighty big hole in your wallet and that money would probably be better invested elsewhere.

• Like 1

petert

3” is way too big for a 1.6L engine. If it were 2”, I’d say yes, good investment and adds value to the car. Anything bigger is a total w@nk.

welshpug

If you want original then go to the peugeot museum for an oem system.

Piper is only a 3" tailpipe trim.