• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Miked5

Help acquiring speedo cable

Miked5

Hi guys, I have a problem with my recently purchased 1.6 GTI where the speedo needle fluctuates a lot at lower speeds but gets more stable at higher speeds. I'm planning on ordering a new speedo cable but I'm struggling to identify which part number mine is, after a few google and forum searches I think it's a 6123.72 which is an 1100mm one. 

I have a 1990 1.6 GTI is this the correct PN or are there other lengths that will fit just fine?

Next problem is I can't find anywhere with this PN in stock, there is spoox but your looking at neck end of £100 which I'm not prepared to pay. 

Mike

welshpug

Firstline have done them, try your local motorfactor.

Or peugeot museum.

Leslie green

Bakerbm has speedo cables ,I think there are only 2 types LHD and RHD which is longer .

Miked5

Cheers Welshpug I’ve ordered the one from your link, first time I’ve come across that website and won’t be the last now! 

I couldn’t find any speedo cables on the baker bm website Leslie 

Leslie green
20 hours ago, Miked5 said:

Cheers Welshpug I’ve ordered the one from your link, first time I’ve come across that website and won’t be the last now! 

I couldn’t find any speedo cables on the baker bm website Leslie 

sorry my bad its throttle cables they have !