• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gaz D

I know this is quite a common problem with gti6 engines but the other day sat it traffic in the hot weather my temp gauge shot up to the last white line and the engine stop light came on. Luckily is was at the top of a hill and coasted down and the rad did it’s job and the light went out. I’m running omex 600 ecu to bring the fan on but it didn’t come on before the stop light. When I’ve got chance I’m going to check the fan fuse, relay etc but was wondering what the resistance should be on the temp sensor so I can check that and any other advice anyone has to offer. Thanks in. Advance

petert

Regardless of what the temp gauge says, I set it up ON 93, OFF 91, with an 88 thermostat. If the Omex can’t control it, you have issues.

Gaz D

Thanks mate. I’m going to contact Northampton motorsport who did my map to see if they can tell me what temp the fan kicks in at. I still have the rad switch fitted so would it be worth doubling the solenoid on the fan relay with the ecu output? Double protection or double trouble?

SRDT

If you have the water/oil exchanger from the GTI6 and not the original oil rad you should upgrade to the diesel twin fan setup while you're at it.