• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James1975

housing sensors confusion

James1975

which sensors go into which thread at the back of the coolant housing? i forgot, there is a longer sensor and short sensor.

did these originally have a sealing washer on each?

Edited by James1975

welshpug

they are both 14x1.25 with a taper seat, the only coolant sensor that has a washer is the 12x1.5  threaded blue 2 pin unit for the ecu.

James1975

Thank you for the reply

its the coolant temp gauge sensor and i believe the other is a warning temp light

i have been looking online and found the longer one sits closest to the head and shorter next to it

Phil Gti

It just so happens I had to take my coolant housing off last week and I took a photo with the sensors still in it and one with the wires connected. 

This should help you.

20230616_154642.jpg

20230614_135528.jpg

James1975

Yep thats how i put them back, funny thou i have seen pics that show the other way round,

i guess they seem to work like that as well, thank you for taking the time to post up some pics.

Tom Fenton

Think about it, both are going into the water jacket, it doesn't matter which goes where so long as the correct wire goes to the correct one.

• Like 1