• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Coco-Nuts

XU9JAZ Motronic Ignition Module

Coco-Nuts

Hi All,

My ignition module has died and aftermarket ones tried have given me the 2000rpm ish misfire. Does anyone know of compatible aftermarket ones or a source for a new/used Bosch original? I'm in NZ and Peugeot/Citroen dismantlers are few and far between here. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard.

petert

It’s the same part as fitted to 1.9L Mi16, if that helps. 

SRDT

They are some on Aliexpress that claim to be compatible, if it's a copy of the old design then they should be right.

I think that a Bosch BIM 024 module could be adapted as long as it's an old one, new ones should have the exact same problem.

You could also search for someone with a classic car that uses the original blue ignition module as intended to exchange it with yours. Think 105hp 205 GTI, Alfa Romeo, BMW and other european cars without Motronic.

Coco-Nuts

Hey thanks guys, would you believe that just after I posted on here I found an original German blue Bosch MTR01on ebay uk. So hopefully that will fix the issue.