• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

j_turnell

205 TT resto

j_turnell

Fitted a new cambelt kit and water pump yesterday. Good job looking at the state of the water pump. Looks like someone missed off the extra head bolt spacer at some point also. 

IMG_9660.jpeg

IMG_9662.jpeg

IMG_9661.jpeg

j_turnell

Parts back from vapour blasting. Also got some parts powder coated. Not a great deal left to do before the engine can go back in.

Spark plugs - what do people run in these?  Was going to put some ngk 7’s in.

Also had a small win welding a nut on a snapped coil pack bolt to get it out.

IMG_9683.jpeg

IMG_9669.jpeg

Edited by j_turnell

welshpug

Bcpr7es, part number  3330.

• Like 1

DamirGTI

For an turbo converted engine i'd go for step or even two step colder plug :

BKR8E-11

BCPR9ES

.. myself , ruining on 9's .

D

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

BPR7EIX are the iridium plug as used in Cosworths amongst other things. My turbo has used them at 1.2 bar boost for a long time no issues, I can’t remember but I expect I put the same thing in Higgys turbo as well.

• Like 1

j_turnell
6 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

BPR7EIX are the iridium plug as used in Cosworths amongst other things. My turbo has used them at 1.2 bar boost for a long time no issues, I can’t remember but I expect I put the same thing in Higgys turbo as well.

Paul did mention he ran iridium’s so that must be the case Tom. I may well go down this route as the two of you are running them with no issues. 

j_turnell

Mocked up the gti6 tb. I already had an adapter for a gutmann inlet for another project so thought I’d use it on this first. 

it’s around 20mm bigger than the stock 8v one should improve things. I can also use the stock gti6 tps. Stripped it down and cleaned it.

Anyone used the gti6 air temp sensor with omex? 

Was thinking of running a 2 way blow off valve for a bit of fun. Anyone recommend anything? 

IMG_9694.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

Anthony
1 hour ago, j_turnell said:

Anyone used the gti6 air temp sensor with omex? 

Not on an Omex specifically, but have on a DTA and worked fine on that - it's just a simple 2-pin thermistor so should work on any aftermarket management.

Car is looking great so far James and you're progressing this at quite a pace - can't believe that given how rare a 205 TT is nowadays, there's now two within a (literal) stone throws of each other.

j_turnell
31 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Not on an Omex specifically, but have on a DTA and worked fine on that - it's just a simple 2-pin thermistor so should work on any aftermarket management.

Car is looking great so far James and you're progressing this at quite a pace - can't believe that given how rare a 205 TT is nowadays, there's now two within a (literal) stone throws of each other.

Thanks Anthony I was hoping that would be the case, makes things a bit easier and for a tidier install. I should be able to check when it’s on the dyno also. 

It’s been a while since I’ve had a 205 on the road so trying to get this finished. As 205’s go this is a cracking car so want to enjoy it. 

Yeah it is ironic. Both G plate dealer converted cars! 

welshpug

Worked on a clio running omex recently, the IAt Sensor on that looked identical to a gti6 unit, I think the calibration was the same or close to the threaded iat that the zx motronic intake had.

• Thanks 1

205turbo

Love the build thread. Looking forward to when its back on the road. 

• Like 1

j_turnell

Bit more sorted over the weekend.

Replaced the clutch arm and bushes. Gearbox is back on and it’s all ready to go back in. Just some heatshields to make for the bulkhead.

Refurbed the slam panel. Not a perfect match but better than the Dove grey that was suggested. 

Picked up some Bosch greens 440cc to go in. I had the injectors that were fitted tested and they were miles out, sat for 13 years with fuel in. 

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

Leslie green

Engine is looking tidy now great project .

Tom Fenton

Has it got a LSD in the gearbox? If not now is the time to do it, they are s*ite without.

j_turnell
5 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Has it got a LSD in the gearbox? If not now is the time to do it, they are s*ite without.

Yes mate has dealer fitted Quaife. Perfect for the road. 

j_turnell

Made a heat shield for the bulkhead. Engine going back in next week.

Anyone good with fibreglass??? Need to copy and make this section on the gutmann valance. 

IMG_9765.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

Edited by j_turnell
  • Like 1

Henry Yorke

A lot of that is hidden behind the number plate so not that noticeable, but now is the time to fix it.. clingfilm on the original and plaster of Paris to “cast” it to be able to copy?

j_turnell
1 hour ago, Henry Yorke said:

A lot of that is hidden behind the number plate so not that noticeable, but now is the time to fix it.. clingfilm on the original and plaster of Paris to “cast” it to be able to copy?

Not a bad shout mate. Will look into that. 

j_turnell

Big step forward today. Engine and box back in. Thanks to Paul for helping guide it back in. Rad dropped in. Things should start to move quickly now. Looking forward to getting it back on all 4 wheels. 

IMG_9813.jpeg

• Like 2

j_turnell

Bit further along with the install. Inlet is now on which meant i could mock up the gti6 tb. After trying various orientations this worked out best. 

I’ve swapped over some take offs on the inlet to give clearance and it all fits and clears now and throttle cable fitted. I just need to find a spare bracket for the fuel line that fits on the rail to clip everything to. 

Most of the water pipes are on. Still got feed and returns to do for the turbo.  Going from 16ishmm to 10mm is a bit of a pain but hopefully have some reducers arriving. 

IMG_9857.jpeg

• Like 1

Leslie green

Great progress and your slam panel looks an excellent shade of beige  :D

Edited by Leslie green

j_turnell

Not had a lot of spare time recently but I’ve got a bit further.

Been playing around with routing boost pipes and trying to sort out the water and oil returns for the turbo. Not a lot of room back there so bit of a pain in the arse.

Intercooler has been mounted and fits snuggly  behind the Gutmann valance. I’ve had a racing look 2 kit in the shelf for a long time so decided to use the front end on this to complement the wheels. It can always be changed if necessary.

Now on to boost pipes and Pas. 

IMG_9972.jpeg

IMG_9923.jpeg

IMG_9973.jpeg

• Like 2

j_turnell

After waiting ages for an oil cooler from Pug1off it finally arrived. I was hoping for a quick install as I bought the complete kit but it was bit of a pita to get it all to fit. 

I opted for a thermostat in the sandwhich plate. After lots of cutting to the fan cowling and making some brackets it’s all in. Just managed to squeeze the pipes down the side of the rad. 

Need to crack on with boost pipes. Soon I’ll be thinking about wiring! 

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

j_turnell

I managed to get some parts back from the powdercoaters. Tank finally back on along with dampers and brake lines with all brackets etc. 

It’s taken a long time to get to this stage but looks a lot better!

Rear disk guards - Are 306 items a different offset? I have a pair but seem to foul on the disk. 

IMG_9326.jpeg

IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

welshpug

I would have thought the 306 disc protectors would be the same offset, as the caliper is the same, only difference is a hole for the abs sensor.

only thing I can think is there's a spacer/washer missing behind the wheel bearing.

• Like 1