• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

j_turnell

205 TT resto

Gaz D

Like welshpug says Gti6 and 205 guards are definitely the same. I only know as I got some not long ago and they were marked up to fit both 

j_turnell

Starting to look like a car now. Lambda boss welded on and the down pipe wrapped. All fitted now.

Intercooler pipes are pretty much completed. I managed to source some classic wrapped hoses to match the original TT hoses. Just the air filter piping left to do. 

Also managed to sort the oil and water returns from the turbo. A ramp would have made things much easier! 

IMG_0133.thumb.jpeg.f729bf4a98d727566f8a4564a2cc6c56.jpegIMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.d64791fb7c026a5cebaed771ba24976c.jpegIMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.c77e9e11b61406a309d0e095f560d0c5.jpeg

• Like 1

Pierre_b

Hello,

Really nice work. I am curious how on TT the piping go from the turbo to the intercooler, it is non visible, and so clean ! Do you mind showing some pictures?

Thanks and good luck for the end of the project,

Pierre

Edited by Pierre_b

j_turnell
On 2/20/2024 at 12:00 PM, Pierre_b said:

Hello,

Really nice work. I am curious how on TT the piping go from the turbo to the intercooler, it is non visible, and so clean ! Do you mind showing some pictures?

Thanks and good luck for the end of the project,

Pierre

It runs the stock TT hose. It runs down the back of the block and under between the engine and gearbox then across to tho intercooler. 

j_turnell

Big update - Put a new loom on for my Omex 600. Fluids are in and after a couple of small teething problems she’s a runner!

First time it’s moved under its own power in over a decade. Still lots to finish off. Mapping start of May.

IMG_0316.jpeg

IMG_0314.jpeg

• Like 2

Robbiedundy

Looks great James, love the wheels. It's nice to read a good project thread. Keep up the good work :D

j_turnell

Thanks mate. It’s a bit quiet on here these days! 

j_turnell

A few steps closer to completion. Finalised the omex 600 install and mounted the ecu. The dash and interior are now all put back together. 

I’ve been looking at different options for an air filter. Space was tight and I wanted something that didn’t look out of place. I managed to swap the outlets round on a standard air box and use the original air feed for it. Fitted a PX filter, just need to figure out pipe work to the turbo. 

May is going to be busy. I have wheel alignment, rolling road, mot and then off to the body shop.  

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

• Like 1

Pierre_b

Hello,

Very clean !! And I love the fact that it looks almost factory, with no visible hose for the charge pipe system. The stock air filter box is connected to the turbo?

Pierre

j_turnell
12 hours ago, Pierre_b said:

Hello,

Very clean !! And I love the fact that it looks almost factory, with no visible hose for the charge pipe system. The stock air filter box is connected to the turbo?

Pierre

Yes. The outlet that normally connects to the air flow meter is now on the other side. I have a pipe that goes straight down to the turbo. 

wicked

Nice build! 

Funny to see that you modified the air filter in a similar way as what I had when I ran the TT manifold on my TCT engine. 

old WIP picture:

14444165-ad5e-4848-93c4-4f6338b10d46.jpg

Later on I used a different hose on the inlet of the air filter as it had a relative small diameter compared to the rest of the piping.