• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Tideee

Fuel pump fittings - what size/type ???

Tideee

Hi everyone

I'm trying to replace the fuel hoses on my 1.9 Gti and want to bring them inside the car as it will be used for Targa rallying - However I'm after a bit of advice on what size fuel hose I need to use ...

All the "engine end" fittings appear to measure in at around 8mm, so obvious choice would be to choose a hose of ID ~8mm - right ??

However the "fuel pump" ends appears to be ~9.5mm - so firstly, is this a standard pump (see attachment) ?? and if so, what have others done or might recommend to run from back to front please ??....barbed in-line reducers maybe ??

Thanks in advance ;)

Fuel pump.jpg

PhilNW

I put 8 mm stainless steel braided pipes within the "cabin" of the car in single main lengths between the pump outlets and the connections at the injection rail. No joints are allowed with the "cabin" (see the blue book)  Barb connectors at the ends and then used very short lengths of proper injection hose between the barbs and the original connections points to give a bit of flexibility and makes the connections easier.

• Like 1

PhilNW
11 hours ago, PhilNW said:

I put 8 mm stainless steel braided pipes within the "cabin" of the car in single main lengths between the pump outlets and the connections at the injection rail. No joints are allowed with the "cabin" (see the blue book)  Barb connectors at the ends and then used very short lengths of proper injection hose between the barbs and the original connections points to give a bit of flexibility and makes the connections easier.

20141006_192754.thumb.jpg.5b3d4749039dff73873689fd7f317edc.jpg

petert

I used 8mm stainless steel tube underneath, but you could just as easily run it inside without joins.

mmt
1 hour ago, PhilNW said:

20141006_192754.thumb.jpg.5b3d4749039dff73873689fd7f317edc.jpg

That is also how mine are done. Works fine.