• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Fumanchu

205 GTI Exterior questions

Fumanchu

Trying to unclip the broken rear trim panel, led to it being broken into many pieces:

2022-12-26-14-39-59.jpg

Hence, i'll need a new trim panel and badges - where's the best place to get these from?

Also, the front grill, front and rear bumpers and all side trims will need replacing as they've been hacked or damaged. Again, where's the best place to get these from?

Leslie green

Good used slatted panels are almost impossible to find , I bought mine new from the Peugeot museum they only had black Phase 2 ones recently I think . They are cheap flexible ones on ebay but not sure if they are up to much I heard it said on here they were a bad fit a while back but I have not seen them for myself . Too late now but you need to remove the badges to access the clips , I did that but still managed to split mine at the side lol and it was already split and it missing on the other side anyway .

Edited by Leslie green

Fumanchu

Looking at the Peugeot museum site, there is a choice of the hurricane or anthracite, as its a phase 2, i assume its the hurricane version I need?

Leslie green

Looks like they are back in stock again , yes it was 874240 Hurricane I bought for phase 2 .

AlexRS2782

Cheers for confirmatoion on the colour reference for the rear panel - just in the process of getting one from the museum myself as my trusty reflective panel, that's been on for the last decade or so, had already started detaching itself and gained a couple of hairline cracks since the cold winter weather.

I thought i might as well return the rear end to the OE look as i doubt the reflective trim will come off / be reusable without making the hairline cracks worse.

Looks like the museum also do the badges too and they seem fairly similar price wise to the current UK based repro's so may as well just get a set of those too, although based on the UK import tax limit, looks like it will be worth doing those as 2 seperate orders to avoid a larger bill.

Leslie green

Not sure how the tax works I thought everything had vat now automatically on the bill .

Leslie green

Thats a bit of a nightmare to read but looks like vat is always charged and £135 is a cutoff for higher costs .I'm in Northern Ireland so it may be less here as we are half in /half out of the Eu .I ordered from peugeot museum and it was over 135 and there were no additional charges on arrival.