• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

306 gti6 MAP sensor

wicked

Since the pressure with a supercharger is more or less relative to RPM, I think you could get away with alpha-N mapping, but based on gut feeling, I would prefer MAP based. 

SRDT

Trying to use alpha-N means much more guesswork in the load calculation, any loss of performance from the supercharger and the fueling is off.

Lambda control can help with alpha-N but the stock ECU can only do so much with a narrowband.

boldy205
11 hours ago, SRDT said:

Trying to use alpha-N means much more guesswork in the load calculation, any loss of performance from the supercharger and the fueling is off.

Lambda control can help with alpha-N but the stock ECU can only do so much with a narrowband.

I guess this is how the ECU is calibrated, not sure though.

Ideally I'd get a stand alone ECU, then I guess I'd still have to re locate the MAP sensor unless it was mapped alpha N.

I'm having a dig around under the bonnet tonight, hopefully I'll find some dodgy connection somewhere.

SRDT

I don't think it's alpha-n, if you know enough about the software to do that then you can probably also make it work with a 200kpa map sensor.

wicked

If it is alpha-N, the 100kPa MAP sensor before the throttle body could be used to do barometric pressure compensation. 

From the 306 forum:

Whats different between the low boost lynx ECU and the standard ECU? Seen two different things, 1 saying its only a map and another saying its a chip. Are the low boost ECU mappable or not? Been looking at an eaton M62 charger and was thinking a low boost ECU may work with a few tweeks

The lynx low boost uses the standard ECU with a reprogrammed chip. They are not live mappable in the way a Omex or DTA is.
Seeing as you will need a custom map for an Eaton, a standard ECU really isn't an option.

Edited by wicked

SRDT

You can use it for barometric just before starting but not after that.

I have some documents about the inner workings of Motronic ML1.3, MP3.1 and MP3.2 ECUs but the IAW ap10 is still a mystery for me.

boldy205

I've had a dig about in the ECU loom, cleaned a load of terminals and generally checked the condition on the associated wiring.

I now have the correct MAP sensor readings, and car is running as it was previously to this issue.

My gut feeling is a stand alone ECU is needed. Emerald maybe as they do a conversion plug to fit thier ECU straight to a 6 loom.

This way I can open things up and hopefully iron out the other small running issues.

Thanks for all the help, if nothing else I've learnt a fair amount!

Cheers!

Matt

Edited by boldy205
  • Like 1