• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moby

Fuel pump relay

Moby

Hi guys. 
I’m trying to locate the fuel pump relay. I’ve looked in the obvious place next to the ecu under the steering column above the throttle pedal , Not there. Looked behind the battery on the body like the 405. 
my car is a 205  1.9 Mi16. Converted from a 1.6 GTI. 

DamirGTI

Sounds like an early Ph1 205 then ... in that case , it'll be under the battery inside the black relay box :

But , if it's been messed with (engine/wiring loom conversion) ie. not standard wiring , could be anywhere someone decided to situate it !

D

petert

Does it have an Mi16 loom? If so, the relay will be approx. 900mm from the ECU.

Moby

I think it’s mi16 wiring loom.  I must be blind if it’s near the ecu. I’ll have another look.
Thanks 

Anthony

If it's been converted using a 1.9 Mi16 loom, then the fuel pump relay usually ends up located around the OSF inner wing area near the jack on most 205 Mi16 conversions that I've seen.

Moby

0F1B8382-8373-4917-90F2-8B05F828085C.thumb.jpeg.5b89b45f440aeb5d68f7dfdb4f379365.jpeg2BC2FF84-298E-4204-B102-B54F7BF645B4.thumb.jpeg.d32dd33ad5c0a3dc354668ca601d5d40.jpeg

D756E5D5-8C23-4A05-85D5-AD1AFEBCB84B.jpeg

Moby

I found these in a black box near the n/s headlight. Is it one of these ? 

Anthony

Yes that's the one - the other switches power to the ECU IIRC when you switch the ignition on.  I'm afraid that I can't recall which is which now, but from memory one should click on with ignition and one will only click on when the ECU sees the engine turning over (i.e. cranking or engine running) - it's this latter one that is the fuel pump.  Obviously originally they didn't have Ford stamped relays so someone has presumably replaced them before. 

Worth checking carefully the condition of the loom in that area and for corrosion on the relay holder pins - most Mi looms that I saw even years ago were looking pretty tired or literally fell apart in my hands.  Where the smaller gauge wire meets the pin in particular is a prime area for wire corrosion, often so bad that it'll snap off when you move the relay to inspect.

Moby

Thanks Ant. 
will have a go tonight after work. 
cheers