• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumpyjag

1.9 injectors

stumpyjag

Hi all. I was looking to get my injectors serviced as I’m hoping it will help with the usual hunting and overall performance of my 1.9. However I’ve found the following on autodoc and at that price it’s not much more than a service.

Can anyone tell me if that’s the correct injector for a standard 1.9gti (loads of confusing conflicting information)  and having done some research are they the ones with four holes and if they are not are those worth getting or not worth the hype. Any other advice greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

CAF0E7B3-22DB-4F71-A16A-4E7558DD1D4A.png

petert

216cc/min

welshpug

762 are yellow for 128 bhp 1.9 and 1.9 mi16.

734 are black  from 105 bhp and 122 bhp xsi, 200cc.

stumpyjag

Thanks for the responses. I’m glad I asked now! I have found the 0 280 150 762 on mister auto for £40 each so I will have a think  thanks again for the advice. 

Thijs_Rallye
10 hours ago, stumpyjag said:

Can anyone tell me if that’s the correct injector for a standard 1.9gti (loads of confusing conflicting information)  and having done some research are they the ones with four holes

I have them in my GTi and they work flawlessly. There recently was a post here on the forum where some more detailed information was posted. The dead times are slightly different but they are absolutely plug and play.

I was in the same boat that cleaning was more expensive than new injectors.

link to the topic (also contains the PDF's I received from Bosch):

link to google document with specs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNsjX6I0NY70CLLa25-HLHfcbb-EhxRoDQ-UxZd2rPs/edit#gid=831502386

Edited by Thijs_Rallye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stumpyjag

Thanks for that. As commented above Isn’t the flow rate to small for a 1.9???

stumpyjag

Just found this reference to 0280156045 on eBay. Can anyone else confirm what thijs_rallye says for me please. 

4BD02E6F-AD3A-42CD-9868-828D720285C6.png

Edited by stumpyjag

Thijs_Rallye
10 hours ago, stumpyjag said:

Just found this reference to 0280156045 on eBay.

I would be wary with buying Bosch injectors on eBay, there are loads of Chinese knockoffs being sold as genuine.

The spec reads 150 gram/min, not cc/min. Since cc/min are specified with n-heptane, which is the industry standard AFAIK. The calculation from g/min to cc/min is as follows: density n-heptane = 684 kg/m³ -> 0.684 g/mm³  150/0.684=219.30 ml/min aka cc/min.

Both the 0280150762 (EV1) and the 0280156045 (EV6) are rated at 150 g/min @ 3bar, the three PDF's below I got directly from Bosch Germany.

0280156045 - Berechnung Spannungsabhängigkeit V offset ts(1).pdf

0280150762 - Berechnung Spannungsabhängigkeit V offset ts.pdf

EV_Daten_Herr_Rallye(1).pdf

I've been running them for about 2 years now without issues.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye
  • Thanks 1

stumpyjag

Thanks for the really detailed answers much appreciated. 

• Like 1