• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arthur

Will my drums fit 306 disk arms?

Arthur

Hi all. 

Managed to get 306 rear trailing arms of a 2L non gti 306 (disk). Will my drum fit or do I need the 205 stubs?  

image.jpg

Arthur

image.jpg

welshpug

205 drum stubs required, 306 disc are longer  than 205 disc which are longer than drum.

Arthur

Seems logical. These measure 137 and 205 drums seem to be 126. So should I keep these and use extra spacers I,d increase track with 11 + 9 x 2 = 40 mm total. I know it’s not very beneficial at the rear but it wound hurt either imo. 

wicked

Why not just 306 disc brakes?? 

jord294

Why not just use 306 drum set up? 

welshpug

The only  way to use those pins is with 306 disc brake wheel bearings and spacers.

petert

It's easy enough to press out the 306 axles and press in your 205 axles. However, the bigger question is why you'd want to use 306 arms? In my experience they have excessive toe in, which destroys the 205 handling.

Arthur

Well. That info is not the same all over this forum. Some say only 306 gti arms have too much toe, and the rest will increase camber with about equal toe. It does depend on ride height though because camber and toe will interchange on height. I got these cheap but without discs. I wouldn’t mind extra camber and track, but the reason is also looks. I have fake rallye arches but more importantly; modified shell with I reccon more room that gti shell. Wheels could go about 30 mm out just for better looks. I will go 266 discs front. Maybe 306 drums are a nice fit to that. C5 alu steelies so I don’t need disc for looks. Got a 50 ton hydraulic   press (big berta) at work so changing the stubs should be easy. 

Edited by Arthur