• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Wiper Motor Internals - where do the two large magnets go?

humanz

My wiper motor stopped working and I opened it to see what was up. Found that one large magnet was stuck to the side of the casing housing the wire windings, while a second large magnet was stuck to the little magnets around the wire windings. 

So this left me wondering: are both magnets supposed to be stuck to the casing, or are both magnets supposed to be stuck to the smaller magnets? I'm thinking both magnets should be stuck to the casing..... 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

humanz

Well, as no one replied, I did a little digging, watched a couple YouTube videos and learnt alot about brushful motors. So in case anyone else ever wondered how to repair one of these motors, the magnets needed to be stuck to the sides of the case.

Got some metal epoxy, stuck the magnets to the insides of the case of the wiper motor and cleaned up the brushes etc. and reassembled the motor. Sealed where the case blots to the rest of the motor with a lot of dielectric grease, and reinstalled the motor. 

I don't think my wipers have ever worked so well. 

• Like 1