• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Robbiedundy

1.9 8v jenvey itb build

Robbiedundy

Hello guys, I've been fumbling about for a while now trying to piece this throttlebody conversion together but not getting anywhere fast so looking for some help and suggestions on what you would do to make this nice and tidy!

So far I have sourced a weber manifold and trimmed a fair bit off the alternator bracket to make it fit - is this normal? And do I need to take a feed from both of the ports on the inlet for vacuum

I think I have sourced the later type thermostat/distributor housing so that the new coil can be bolted straight onto and look oe (thanks to Graham and the guys for help on this). Also have a new HT lead holder from bakerbm.

I have fitted the original oil filler and lines but it does look a bit messy - is this my best option and what would you recommend bolting it to?

I've seen most people put the fpr where the jack goes in the inner wing but I'd like to keep the jack - any suggestions on that and keeping the lines neat?

Oil catch can - I was thinking where the old ignition coil was attached to? Anyone make nice ones for the 205?

I've also fitted mi16 lightened flywheel for crank sensor 

20220501_141654.jpg

20220627_085353.jpg

welshpug

A satchell or weber FPR holder on a bracket picking up off the inlet manifold would make it quite neat, I'm also not keen on having the pipes over on the inner wing, that's where the Jack goes anyway :lol:    you definitely don't need any of those adjustable regulators.

it does seem to be quite normal to have to trim the bracket/shave the manifold to fit these for any brand of cast inlet that I have seen.

shouldn't need a catch can unless it breathes especially heavy, if you do chose to fit one then have it close to the engine to keep the hoses short.

the servo behaves best coming off a paid of ports indeed.

• Thanks 1

Robbiedundy

Thanks Welshpug, going to crack on with this tomorrow :)

Robbiedundy

Could someone confirm this is the right thermostat/coil housing please? :)

received_613012306711540.jpeg

Edited by Dundy53

dcc

Well other than the fact there looks to be a drill bit sticking out of it, yeah that's what you'd need if you're ditching the distributor :)

Though I think @Miles has previously just fitted a Renault Clio core plug? 

• Like 1

Robbiedundy

Cheers Dcc, yes I have got one of the Renault cam seals aswell, the housing is just a neat oe way to mount my new coil :)

pug_ham

That's the right thermostat housing , although the thermostat cap is the wrong one.

I guess that it could be from a 1.6 Spi 205, iirc that's the same cap as what was on my mum's old 1.6 Spi auto mardi gras.

It's not a drill bit @dcc but one of the chocolate torx screws that hold the coilpack on.  Hopefully it'll come out with a bit of heat & some good mole grips.

g

• Thanks 2

Robbiedundy

Thanks again Graham!

Robbiedundy

Would it be possible to run sieve type air filters on my trumpets rather than the massive air filter that I've got now? 

Been looking at singers for some inspo and they look really good! 

Screenshot_20220822-111646_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f32c3032492c1d7c13c0812f78a926e5.jpg

My current pipercross filter is touching the slam panel and I had to remove the metal filter inside it to get it on 

20220726_191528.thumb.jpg.e164e72baee21acedec14d4ec9dabdf8.jpg

Tom Fenton

They typically do not flow well or filter well at all compared to a full filter.

Trim your slam panel and leave the filter as it is I would suggest.

• Like 1

welshpug

I would echo Tom's  comment, itg make many different  shapes and depths also, you shouldn't  need to take the support oit of the filter, that risks it being sucked in

• Like 1

Robbiedundy

Okay cheers guys

SweetBadger

I think ITG have changed their design now to use a plastic supporting mesh, but just in case avoid the curved ones with a metal mesh on the inside.

I had an unfortunate incident where the bottom engine mount rubber softened and allowed the filter to tap the slam panel under engine braking. Result was the metal mesh braking up and heading down an inlet runner!