• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

smithy72

Oil Dipstick Tube Leaking

smithy72

Ive got my car back on the road and loving driving it, but its got an oil leak. I am fairly sure its coming out the dipstick tube (MOT tester thought the same) so I am going to replace it.

Does anyone have any idea where I could source one? Ive had a search alert on ebay for a month or so now and not managed to find one.

Any help appreciated!

welshpug

Is it coming out of the top or the bottom where it goes into the block?

There isnt a seal on them, so replacing it is unlikely  to solve the issue,  remove the bolt, lift the tube up a little, degrease it and put a small bead of sealant on there.

smithy72

Fairly sure the tube is fractured.

Full disclosure, When I fitted the engine I forgot to fit the tube. So I decided I could make it fit without removing the manifold. Pretty lazy and not clever as it turns out, definitely not my finest moment!
So fairly confident that the bending has caused a split. But either way, I need to replace it because the dipstick doesnt like going into it now and its a footery job to get it to go the whole way home!

However, when I put the new one in I will make sure I put some sealant on it.

I think the oil is on the tube further up and I the headgasket is bone dry, but I do have a reasonable drip when running. 

If you have any idea where I could get one that would be great?

jord294

Think I have couple of spares

smithy72

That would be great if you are willing to sell one. Could you PM me with your number, I can seem to PM you. Maybe I need so many posts first?

smithy72

Hi jord294, any chance you could PM me, I cant seem to send PMs. I am not sure if I need so many posts first?

Keen to buy a dipstick tube as I have now seen the leak is coming from there when running.

Edited by smithy72

Tideee
On 5/10/2022 at 6:51 AM, jord294 said:

Think I have couple of spares

Hi Jordan - do you still have any spare oil dipstick tubes please ??....I could do with one if you do please  :P

Thanks