• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Daviewonder

RAC reg’d cars.

Daviewonder

Guys, you’ll know. 

What’s this I’m reading on FB about late GTIs with the RAC reg being loaded with goodies? I’ve seen it a couple of times in the last week. Is this just a rumour by people that don’t know their 205s or is there more to it? As far as I knew, they just had grey carpet and door cards as the novelty of red furnishings had worn of by the 90s. 

Dave 

welshpug

Area registration  codes are 2 letter, preceeded by a random, just happens to have been a handful of late 205's registered in the Coventry  area  (AC)  

RW and WK from memory were another  Coventry/Warwickshire   area code, at the time quite a few high spec vehicles, or specially ordered, were registered  in that area due to where  Peugeot's Factory and UK base was.

Edited by welshpug
  • Thanks 1

Daviewonder

Ah right. So the guy claiming that his 1.9 is high spec because it’s a “non sunroof with grey carpets and half leather seats” is sadly mistaken lol

welshpug

Just a late car lol, sunroof cost more, as did full leather...

I'm not certain of the particulars of late cars though, I wasnt into cars back then,  Miles Horne may be able to say though, he had owned them for 5+ years by then I think!

• Thanks 1

Tom Fenton
9 hours ago, Daviewonder said:

Ah right. So the guy claiming that his 1.9 is high spec because it’s a “non sunroof with grey carpets and half leather seats” is sadly mistaken lol

Just another warrior who has no real idea

• Thanks 1