• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Jersey205

Turbo technics help

Jersey205

Hello everyone

I have been reading around this forum and the internet for a while now, to help me with my TT 1.9 GTI. If I have missed anything obvious please tag me in it, or point me in the right location.

I dont know too much history about the car so have taken lots of pictures hoping someone can advise me what to do. Attached in the pics are all the parts with numbers I can find. I dont think I've read anyone saying that 5th injector is fun or worth running anymore. So my first question is, what's the newest standalone ECU to use. I see lots of people have used Emerald, but that is as far back as 2008! Is there something newer and possibly cheaper?

Second question is, do I have all the parts to get her running? I see TT are meant to have different compression piston, do I have them? What would people recommend to check before rebuilding?

Last question, should I spend the money getting this to work. Or should i just buy a GTI6 engine and start from scratch.

20220323_170051.jpg

20220323_165032.jpg

Edited by Jersey205

Jersey205

More pics

20220323_170020.jpg

20220323_164810.jpg

Edited by Jersey205
Wrong pic