• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Parro205XS

Distributor from 1.1 on XS

Parro205XS

Hi,

Long story short, the original dizzy was leaking from the inside shaft so the O ring did nothing to stop the leak.

It's been impossible to get a specific Ducellier or Bosch so what could possible happen is putting a Bosch 237009601 for TU1 engine.

Will the engine behave differently? Less power and rpm's?

Best regards,

Tiago

DamirGTI

Is your XS model with an XU or TU engine ?

Can't say specifically what will happened performance wise , but likely it'll be ill suited for you're current engine ... ie. , the advance curve will be off/wrong , i suspect too much advance and at wrong time + different vacuum capsule .

Taken one 1.1 TU dizzy apart and i remember the springs inside where very thick and with a lot of slack .

I've tried something like so in the past , dizzy from 405 1.6 on a 205 1.9 - it ran , but not good .. pinking low down and then kinda flat performing mid way and surprisingly after that mid point it started picking up speed/revs like 16v engine till the limiter !

What i would do is , find the same dizzy type as yours (PSA version of Bosch or Ducellier) and use it as an housing donor and transfer the internals (bob weights , springs , pick up coil etc.) from you're current leaking dizzy inside it if that isn't too tricky for you .

Or , fix the seal on you're current dizzy ... there was a thread recently over here about that using lip seal instead labyrinth seal .

"H&H" can help you with this problem :

https://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Parro205XS
19 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

Is your XS model with an XU or TU engine ?

Can't say specifically what will happened performance wise , but likely it'll be ill suited for you're current engine ... ie. , the advance curve will be off/wrong , i suspect too much advance and at wrong time + different vacuum capsule .

Taken one 1.1 TU dizzy apart and i remember the springs inside where very thick and with a lot of slack .

I've tried something like so in the past , dizzy from 405 1.6 on a 205 1.9 - it ran , but not good .. pinking low down and then kinda flat performing mid way and surprisingly after that mid point it started picking up speed/revs like 16v engine till the limiter !

What i would do is , find the same dizzy type as yours (PSA version of Bosch or Ducellier) and use it as an housing donor and transfer the internals (bob weights , springs , pick up coil etc.) from you're current leaking dizzy inside it if that isn't too tricky for you .

Or , fix the seal on you're current dizzy ... there was a thread recently over here about that using lip seal instead labyrinth seal .

"H&H" can help you with this problem :

https://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/

D

Hi,

It's a TU engine.

Thanks for the different inputs!

Best regards,

Tiago