• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Injector current requirement

Richie-Van-GTi

Does anyone know the current demand of the standard bosch injectors? Working out if i can run a batch fire or if i split into 2 pairs

Also i found info about letting the ecu control the 12v supply to the injectors as well as then it returns the current through the same circuit and reduces noise so i plan on doing that...hence needed current info.

Adaptronic e420d ECU if anyone has experience

petert

They're high impedance. Why would you bother with pairs or batch though? Just wire them individually so you're ready for sequential. Then configure in the software for what ever mode you desire.

Richie-Van-GTi

I considered sequential but would that mean getting larger flow injectors and is the only gain to do with efficiency and environmental? From what info I have found there is no real gains to sequential in terms of performance but can be cumbersome to time correctly to optimise the spray into an open valve, also at higher RPM unlikely to get a full shot in in anyway without massive flow injectors that will then suffer low down?
It says I still need to set an amperage for the high impedance. 

petert

Sequential means you need smaller injectors for the same hp, as there is one less injector dead time per cycle. Sequential does make it more efficient and thus more torque, the stuff that pulls you out of corners. If it wasn’t worthwhile, Motec and Emtron wouldn’t be sequential only.

• Like 2

Richie-Van-GTi
6 hours ago, petert said:

Sequential means you need smaller injectors for the same hp, as there is one less injector dead time per cycle. Sequential does make it more efficient and thus more torque, the stuff that pulls you out of corners. If it wasn’t worthwhile, Motec and Emtron wouldn’t be sequential only.

smaller injectors? 

petert

Yes, the XU10J4 (sequential) for example, has 192cc injectors compared to 216cc for the XU9J4 (multipoint). You don't necessarily have to have smaller injectors, but having just one injector opening period per cycle means it delivers more fuel.

Edited by petert