• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
neilc

205GTI with Crank Position Sensor

neilc

I am presently converting my 205GTI to Megasquirt but have not been able to get an output from the Crank Position Sensor(CPS). I have a mi16 flywheel not sure of year. I originally tried with 205 SI but with monopoint fuel injection wasted spark ignition)and (similar to UK 1.6 GTI CPS while I could read the resistance I could not read an voltage output with a digital voltmeter. Not to be deterred I sourced an early Mi16 CPS (these have higher resistance than the SI ones 370 ohms vs 800 ohms) but still no output. Both these had a fitting depth of 24mm and I can see the toothed flywheel below. Has anyone got any ideas? Is there another CPS that should be used? Maybe the flywheel is from another peugeot model?

SRDT

The stock VR sensor can be tricky with Megasquirt on these engines. There is a Hall sensor that can be trimmed to fit and seems to work better: Valeo 254038.

neilc

Thanks Baptiste I will keep that in mind prefer to get the. Vr working as I would need to do mod to megasquirt for hall effect sensor

Richie-Van-GTi

What's your crank speed like and do you have access to an oscilloscope?

I recently converted mine to run an mp5.2 ecu from a 306 and had issues with start up due to a week signal. It was crank speed being too slow. I swapped to a larger body bosch 13 tooth starter from a 306TD. Solved my problem.

Also have you shielded the wires and earthed at one end to get rid of any noise.

I have now ripped all mine out and putting an adaptronic ecu in instead.

welshpug

any xu flywheel with teeth and any xu crank sensor should work

petert

Have you spoken with Graham Wallis? He has this 100% sorted.

neilc

Thanks for the feedback I will give a update when I have good news.  I have now that the input signal to the ecu when cranking is around 5v I have dis over Ed that I was using my DVM incorrectly