• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Grenouille

Under dash brown plug mystery!

Grenouille

205 collective, looking for some assistance on identifying the brown plug shown in the attached which is situated under the steering wheel of my 1.6 GTI (1991) (non-AC, non PAS, non electric windows). The loom has come out and been back in but I'm confident that this is situated where it should be. There just doesn't seem to be anything to plug it in to!

Note, there are two other brown plug connections down there which you can see in the background of these images. These are all tied in and meet the appropriate connections hence my confidence that this is in the correct location i.e. it's constrained by these other cables by a fairly short run of cables which make up it's "branch" and isn't floating on 5 feet of cable and could go anywhere.

Many thanks in advance for any clues or thoughts on this. Does it need to connect to something? Is it a spare? 

Brown plug under steering wheel 2.jpeg

Brown plug under steering wheel.jpeg

DamirGTI

That'll be for the central locking module .. goes/plugs in black box kinda size of the cigarette pack which should be bolted on the side of the steering column . 

D

Grenouille

And since we don't have central locking it looks like it's redundant...

You Sir, have a beer on me!

• Like 1