• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flat-eric

Single Wiper

Ahl
I cheated and used a roll of chrome that had a sticky backing, easy to fit and looked just as good :rolleyes: I used the same stuff on my GTi...

Where did you get the roll from ed?

I think I might attempt to make a single wiper, parking on the passenger side, but like Robbie G posted, I'll only do it if its going to be right. :P

Guest Ed_Miami
Where did you get the roll from ed?

I got it from one of my local motor factors (Car Fax in Plymouth), was about £15 i think and was enough to do my car, with enough left over to do another bumper :P

They had all sorts of colours, including lime green & pink! :rolleyes:

Ahl

That sounds pretty good. How easy was it to bend the strip around the edges of the bumper strip, if you know what I mean?

Guest Ed_Miami

Really easy, it was simple to fit, and easy to bend around curves :rolleyes:

The only part I had a bit of trouble with was when fitting the sides (doors etc) as when i took the red strips off, there are pits etc where the clips mounted, so I had to take a bit more time to make sure the chrome strips didn't 'sink' in and make them look rippled.

Guest Simon_205GTi

lol @ ed, any excuse to post the XS pics! :)

Rallye, i remember u from xsoc! car looks sweet now!

Guest Pug 205 Col

Chrome Strips are a pain in the arse to get hold of especially as a complete set. Took me 6 months to find a good set. Finally found a set for sale on Ebay. paid £40 quid for them. You can buy them brand new from Auto Five but they are a bit pricey at nearly £70 quid.

Really easy to fit but not as easy as the sticky strip.

On the single wiper conversion, I'm like you not sure weather to do it or not. I do like it on some 205's but not on others. And dont really want another thing to have to change come MOT time. :lol:

maxi

I know this is a bit off the original thread subject, but on the chrome strips topic, you can buy them brand new from pug. Just go and have a word with the parts geezers, they should have model variations on the computer and Roberts your fathers brother... there is a listing for the set. They came factory fit on a Gentry, they got the complete set in for me in around 3 days!! Crawley Down are the dogs danglies!! :lol:

Sign in to follow this