• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Dimi

Weird dash cluster issue

Dimi

Hi Everyone, it is not for the 205 but my daily 106 gti 1998, however wanted to see if anyone of you has had this issue.

Only when I turn the low beams On, my water temp jumps to the red on the gauge, and at the same time the speedo drops the needle to 0. The rev counter is fine all the time. This only happens when driving with the low beam lights on and not in any other position: off or position I.

I thought it is the lights' stalk and changed it but all remains the same.

I did forum searches for both the 106, Saxo and anything really and the only thing to find was some comments about earth wires in a subbie forum.

Will appreciate your guidance at what else to check.

Gohn

Even if its not this, you should at least rule it out...

Check your earth's are all clean, good contact, no corrosion

the 205 has an earth cluster bolted to the chassis, one each side just inside/next to each headlight

these can stuff up electrics if they're not earthing

your car will likely have something similar

check these and any other earth points in the engine bay, then give your lights etc a test

Dimi

Thanks Gohn! Hopefully it is not a coincidence that there are two each side next to the headlights... Will update this post once I remove the headlights and inspect all.