• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ACJJ619

New spark plugs - loss of power

ACJJ619

Update:

I still plan to check the AFM as I'm inclined to agree, it does seem likely that there's an issue with at least that.

I also checked my distributor cap and found something strange, although I don't know how it's meant to look! It looks like two of the copper prongs have been worn/filed away, and the rotor shows some sign of wear. I thought it was meant to have four prongs like the two on the right?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by ACJJ619

DamirGTI

No that's fine , it's Bosch cap , they have that kind of "offset" terminal layout .

D

pug_ham

With regards to the TPS, they are easy to test with a multimeter if you have one or a bulb & battery made to a simple test circuit if not.

With the TPS at either idle or WOT there should be a click heard as the internal micro-switch makes.

With one of the probes of a multimeter (or bulb / battery wire) to the centre pin & one of the outer pins the switch will be made, this will show as closed circuit, if you have the dial set for a beep with the probes together, it will sound or the bulb will light & stop when you move to part throttle.

Pin 1 & 2 are closed circuit at idle, open circuit with partial throttle opening, then 2 & 3 closed circuit at WOT.

It's common for the idle switch to die which can cause a poor idle.

g

• Like 1