• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spanner5

hooked

Spanner5

hiya all,

needed something to take up mindspace due to our lovely government changing all of our lives - over the last year or so was unable to enjoy soundsystem, which is my passion. in the barn next to the workshop i rent, was a 1988/89 205 cj junior that has been un- used for over 10 years. the farmer had a soft spot for 205's ..... next to the cj was a gti which had a cracked block, i should've bought it but that was when life was great and lots going on for me to enjoy back then..... and its now gone anyhow.

my intention was to get it road worthy (while waiting for parts etc) and make a few quid.

so the cj doesn't look like one..... its white, that goofy look has been unbolted at some point, different bumpers, black sills, speedlines etc....... it looks pretty hip.... maybe a bit tatty but i quite like that charm. i've done all the donkey work, ...... new clutch, cam belt, fluids, driveshafts, all brake lines, fresh tyres , swapped rear axle due to offensive 'noise'  blah blah ...... basically mechanically its now good and tight. the roof is knackered but i just can not bring myself to part with the cash, as family comes first..... also the farm cat just WILL not leave the car alone and fresh roof is pricey so waiting till last minute i guess. its in a barn so is dry.      i must say, refreshing after the 'forever' welding on my smiley transit.

i have read back through the pages on the tu section (lots of ace info and storys) of the forum but am still a little unclear on which tu3 is in the car..... i'm guessing its the 'standard' one the car was born with but with 124,000 miles on the clock just wanted to make sure. the little plate next to bell housing is K1G. i've looked for the 'letter' inbetween ex manifold and cam belt cover but is un clear to say the least, even with spit and a scrub. it has single choke solex. alloy block.

basically now am '205' hooked and want to keep it and have a little fun bleeding a little more power out of it..... will never be an xs   but an xs chaser maybe :)

there is some twin 40's gathering dirt under the bench in the workshop but have been unable to locate a manifold!?      now maybe thinking the twin choke solex maybe more sensible but i just cannot rid myself of the need to hear that twin carb noise.       

anyhows....... mainly just wanted to share that i am now finding excitement in a 205..... in which previously was just an old car that featured in the array of old cars that i rememered in my apprenticeship days.          forward ever, backward never 

Gohn

"now slightly confused.... :unsure:     my little story removed "

looks like it popped up here chris

never seen a TU but they came in 1124, 1294 and 1360cc

to check if yours is original to car check the VIN (quite often the engine number is in the VIN)

if you've any old rego papers the VIN and engine number should be in them, plus the engine capacity

or quote the VIN to a peugeot dealer and they should be able to cross ref the engine number

or do same to your DoT