• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oaktree garage

early gtis

oaktree garage

don't know if any body can help but i am after any information on A602 KAC which has just come into my ownership first registered 01/04/1984 

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi
14 hours ago, oaktree garage said:

A602 KAC

I believe I have found confirmation that this must be, the first 205 GTi version manufactured for sale to public in UK. The first left hand drive same model was manufactured in France in March 1984. 

Engine code XU5J. 

105 Ch. = (105 Chevaux/105 "Horses")  = 105 HP. 

Engine Number = 180A

Originally they would be without power steering, air con, etc and also the coolant hoses do not go to the throttle body(?),in the very first engine design, like this. 

It believe it should say "version 1" somewhere on the VIN plate. 

Edited by Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

Cogboy

I appreciate your post was nearly two years ago, but I knew A602 KAC rather well. I had it in bits many a time.

A mate of mine bought it in Birmingham in 2005. It had been a Peugeot 205 GTi championship rally car for several years previously.

We had been preparing another 205 GTi shell for rallying and bought A602 KAC with the intention of reshelling the mechanicals into the shell we'd prepared, but it was still fairly solid & straight. I said to my mate that he might as well use it as was rather than spend time reshelling it, as he was likely to bin it anyway.

I believe it may have had a light roll previously. It had had at least one of the front struts pushed out through the strut top in a previous mishap.

The car got a thorough refresh and did numerous rallies in the North West of England, including the Cambrian Rally (2006 I think) and the Promenade Stages Rally in New Brighton. It also did numerous events at Weeton Barracks up near Preston at Trac Mon/Anglesey, and other events in North Wales. I used to do service on it and also drove the service/tow van, trailering it to events as far away as Lincolnshire.

If you still have the car I could get my mate to send you photographs of it whilst it was his and probably lots of on-event photos too.

It never was reshelled whilst in my mate's ownership and he sold it in it's original (to him) bodyshell.

Regards,

John.

• Like 1