• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Damoleary

Help needed!!!!

Damoleary

Hi all , this is my first post on here , I inherited two 205 gtis last year and currently restoring the 1993 (with cat) 1.9 , it has abs  in the front , I have carried out a full nut and bolt resto on it (first car ever iv done ) , it has taken me over a year and im only weeks away from it been driven out of my shed,  it had the usual rust so parts were hard to get off , what I'm on here for is help in finding two new abs sensors as old ones were nearly welded to hub , I have tried everywhere for new sensors and can't seem to get them,  any help would be much appreciated or has anyone and idea what else I can do without taken the system out .

welshpug

I would imagine you could use a 306/zx/xsara/berlingo/partner sensor, as the hubs are very similar, main difference would be the lead lengths, plugs on the later ones are different.

I'm not familiar with the physical parts of the 205 abs, only the layout, what plugs do the sensor fly leads and wiring loom have?

Damoleary

Thanks lads for reply,  well I have old sensor leads and can reuse them if I get sensor , also yesterday I have been told to take away a 94 306xl from a garage that's been cleaned out and hoping it has sensors on so I can compare , I will try prob go down the route of 306 if I can and see will they do , I will attach a pic tomorrow of plugs on sensors , also that link only has one available and need two but cheers anyway