• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stroudy

My old 1.9 GTi search

Stroudy

Good morning all. Im new today to this forum but a long time experienced 205 GTi owner. In my life I have owned 2x White 1.9 GTIs, both 1989s. The most recent one I sold last year as it was a completed restoration project, but the car in question here is my first ever car that I owned which was a 1989 white 205 1.9 GTI. I bought this vehicle trade in 1998 when I worked for Marshall Peugeot in Romsey, Hampshire. I got it for a cheap £995 and I kept the vehicle for several years. The registration of this vehicle was F35 OLE and I'm hunting for the owner of this vehicle to see if I would be able to buy the registration back off of them to put on my Alfa Romeo Giulietta as a private plate - it has the significance of being my first ever plate on a car I owned. I have tried the usual DVLA channels but of course they are not able to help.. but I wondered if anybody on this forum owned/knew the vehicle, or the owner of the vehicle and would be able to pass on a message that I am very interested in buying the registration, and finding out a bit more about the post-me history of my old car. It's currently been SORN for several years now so I know that the vehicle is likely still in existence. I can't find the registration for sale on any private registration sale website so I presume it is still in use. Any help would be massively appreciated as I've been hunting for this registration now for years but to absolutely no avail. I sold the vehicle to the next owner from me in around 2002-2004, either from where I was living in West Sussex at the time or from near Winchester in Hampshire where I moved to soon after.. and I can't quite remember which it was as it's been a while! All the best, I really hope someone can help and any information on this vehicle would be very welcome, Marcus.

Edited by Stroudy

bacardincoke

Always interesting to check the free sites such as Cazana, can sometimes allow you to guess a little  about a cars history if you read between the lines -

F35 OLE

Gov.uk site says the last tax book change was on the 9 June 2011, may have been a final change of ownership?

Car was MOt'd for the last time Sept. 2012 the SORN'd Sept 2013 so presumably off the road since.

Check out the previous MOT mileages - drops from 161K in 2011 to 129K in 2012

Stroudy

Thanks bacardincoke.

Have already looked at all of those sites and gleaned that data. I'm hoping the owner is on here, or someone from here knows the car, as this really is the last avenue i think. Wish you could just phone the DVLA and get them to pass your details on to the owner to see if they would contact you (the safer option) but even that isn't an option these days due to GDPR. I work in government to aware of the security reason and its benefits.. i just believe this is a service they should offer if you can prove its legit (old pics of the car, docs etc).

Thanks very much.

Stroudy

By pure chance i've actually found it, about an hour ago, on the 205 GTi facebook page! Absolute result.

East_Hud

Sadly can’t sell the plate as it’s not been taxed for over 5 years ☹️

bacardincoke

DVLA have a few F - OLE numbers available if you're minded to make do with a similar number...

DVLA