• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Callum

Going to be putting my 205 1.9 gti up for sale

Callum

Could i get some advice please i've decided to sell my car as my 106 rallye is on the road now and i would like to get an enduro bike. I've owned it since may 2018 and have used it daily since. The car had been refreshed 5 years prior to me owning it and have receipts from work carried out at pugracing but that was all that came with it. Rear beam was rebuilt new front shocks silicone coolant hose kit some interior work. Its registered as a cat c stolen recovered some time when it didn't have any valid i was told by the previous owner. The paint is shiny but it has shrunk back and you can see prep marks up close and its a bit ripply but looks smart when cleaned up.

Its pretty much standard with the exception of being lowered 30mm on eibach springs, stereo, scorpion alarm/immobiliser, 1.6 gti flywheel and some group mounts. Mileage is 150k i did a major service in 2018 and have done fluid services and general maintenance along the way. New clutch when i fitted a replacement gearbox a couple years ago its been set up on the rolling road and made 121bhp with a nice curve standard exhaust system with split downpipe. There are a couple small bits of welding needed and there are a couple water leaks that i haven't sorted the rear opening window seals need replacing the front screen needs refitting as the genuine rubber from the museum is letting water in, the wheels are starting to look scabby and front tyres need changing. It had a replacment sunroof with solid drains as the drain were rusty on the original one the wings have been off and the sealer removed and resealed with photos of what i did. 

It's been a great car and has only let me down once when the ecu temp sensor failed and caused a starting issue i would like to get 5.5k is this reasonable? Reg is H469NTF for mot checks i've done advisories if it's had them and has mot till August. I have loads of photos if you are interested i will send them over 

IMG_20200111_133249.jpg

DamirGTI

Keep it and sell the 106 Rallye instead ! :P

D

• Like 1

Callum

I prefer the rallye to be honest feels more refined 

IMG_20201220_110816.jpg

• Like 1

Telf
On 1/19/2021 at 6:27 AM, Callum said:

prefer the rallye to be honest feels more refined 

This made me smile. 1.9s are certainly not refined . Noisy, rattle boxes.

My 207GTI feels like a modern motor against the 205. I really really like the 207, great fun. I've thought maybe I'd should get rid of the 1.9 but I know down the road I'd regret it terribly.

Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

speno

Think that's a good price tbh in today's climate of rising prices 

• Like 1