• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ozymandis

N R F radiators ?

Ozymandis

Has anyone used an NRF (NetherlandsRadiatorFactory) radiator, do they fit well or have any problems anyones aware of please?

I ask as my local supplier has these and as i want 3 rads he will give a good price and is a decent guy so i`d like him to have my business.

matty

Yea from what I’ve seen they aren’t bad. Certainly better than the quality of the new Nissens stuff thats for sure.

Ozymandis

Further to this, I had to fit a heater radiator today, I  got an NRF one when I got the rads, just to see if they are any good, and I fitted that.

It fitted fine, It had new philips cum straight pan head screws, spring washers and screws supplied, they were rubbish and I re used the originals, but the square nut holding areas were a bit too shallow in the moulding so it needed a stroke of the file on one face of each original nut to get them far enough down in the recesses.

The shorter alloy pipe was fine, the longer was not right at the heater end , it wasnt quite 90 degrees, a touch of the pipe bender sorted that.

There was a bit of moulding flash in the screw holes that needed clearing and a little around the o ring / pipe holes that needed a quick shave with a stanley knife.

Overall a bit cheaply made but seems adequate and useable.

P1030800.JPG

P1030801.JPG

DamirGTI

They're the same these days no matter which brand you pick , all made in China .

Had to replace mine last year and got identical part in Nissens box , supplied with the same wrongly bent alloy pipes ... went for Nissens thinking it would "maybe" Valeo inside but not , it's mr. China all around . 

Seen some others local radiator brands and ditto , same item in the box , just 50% off the Nissens price .

Best to buy the cheapest no matter the brand , as they're all using the same source nowadays .

D

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9006.JPG

IMG_9007.JPG

Ozymandis

Its different to the current Nissens one in Your picture the plastic end tank moulding is not the same, so there are at least two factories somewhere making 205 heaters.

NRF dont manufacture in mainland China, they use Taiwan and India.

I think the current Nissens stuff is not very good and the NRF stuff seems a bit better , the radiators are better than the Nissens ones as well.

I will be fitting a radiator this coming week when the Fan switch turns up, I will take some pictures and update this.

farmer

I have got the Valeo items all round had no issues